3rd shift Troubleshooter Set Up Tech - Oral Care
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
This position is responsible for manufacturing products in a safe work environment and assuring compliance with relevant government regulations, at a level of quality that meets or exceeds the customer expectations and supports company objectives. Along with consistently adhering to company rules and regulations concerning attendance, safety, plant maintenance guidelines, SOP and GMP, Quality standards, and behavior expectations.
This position is accountable for understanding all activities related to department specific equipment/processes. These activities include setup, change over, and troubleshooting as well as training of assemblers, packers, and operators. This position requires minimum to no supervision and is the fourth level of four in Plant Operations.
• Provide leadership of a team or group of production employees to ensure the designated cell or area runs according to assigned production quantity (and speeds) for each machine and item, and to the production schedule
• Communicate customer specification requirement and production requirements to the team
• Act as a backup for the Shift Lead and can fill-in when coverage is needed
• Conduct machine changeover for running of different customer orders. Changeover duties may include: material changes and product changes.
• Perform troubleshooting and repair of equipment to ensure that quality parts are produced. In addition, be able to diagnose a machine problem and properly communicate it to maintenance. Work as Technical lead with maintenance for designated cell or area.
• Train employees on machine operation procedures and work orders/customer specifications
• Ability to complete PM, service or other relative paperwork documentation for duties performed. This includes ability to read and comprehend work orders/service reports, equipment operations manuals and any other forms of documentation requested by department manager or team leader.
• Complete all necessary paperwork and the daily production sheet, which contains information on inventory, used, parts produced, and tear down rate.
• Complete duties related to the operation of the team: sweep and clean around work area in order to maintain a safe and orderly environment. Participate in team meetings and work with the team to achieve department goals and cost-reduction activities. Recommend suggestions that will improve profitability or the safety of the Company. Perform other duties as assigned.
• Determine the malfunctioning of units by observing product outcome
• Utilize systematic tools to identify and troubleshoot problems along with determining quality
• High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in manufacturing environment, including 2-3 years in a leadership role, machine operations, working with production entry, set up & changeover, and quality checks
• Able to pursue ongoing education and training as assigned by company, to continue learning and education in the Maintenance field
• Demonstrated aptitude in the mechanical and electrical, machine controls, and pneumatic/vacuum system primary skills
• Ability to fully review, understand, and follow written and oral work instructions in English, such as safety, quality, and GMP guidelines
• Proficiency with computer programs and company-specific manufacturing software with the ability to learn programs and tools as needed (Dynaway tools SAP software); able to utilize and understand manufacturing instruments including switches, controls, gauges, dials, etc. to determine operating conditions
• Ability to count and complete simple arithmetic and record findings as needed; Recognize and identify raw materials by item number
• Proven ability to manage multiple high priority items while delivering exceptional results
• Well-organized with prove time management skills to plan own work; able to deliver on multiple deadlines with consistent work of high-quality
• Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with associates in a team environment with hearing capability sufficient for discussion with teammates
• Ability to lift 20-35 pounds 6-10 times per shift from floor to shoulder height
• Ability to pull up to 700 pounds using a hand jack and other material handling equipment
• Ability to conduct simple grasping with both hands to sort and process material for the full duration of work shifts
• Ability to reach away from body and laterally with full arm extension
• Ability to bend and twist at the waist to access equipment and product
• Ability inspect, examine, and observe for obvious product defects by sort and moving product with hand-eye coordination and ability to recognize color
• Ability to stand, walk, or sit as needed up for the full duration of work shifts
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.