Lead Compounder- Suppositories (3rd Shift)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Summary: Compound batches from copy of master formula and give directions to operators/compounders. Duties include weighing of raw materials, monitoring batch procedures, set up, operating various kettles and pumps, moving materials to and from the compounding area, signing batch records and making log entries. CANDIDATES MUST BE AVAILABLE TO TRAIN ON FIRST SHIFT
- Follow written instructions
- Follow all SOPs for MFG/Compounding
- Complete set-ups of equipment to be used for manufacturing
- Compound batches from copy of master
- Clean equipment/container/ area as needed
- Weigh raw materials, monitor procedures, run various kettles, pumps and moving materials to and from the compounding/suppository area, sign batch records and make log entries
- Cooperate with QA inspectors
- Follow appropriate cleaning procedures
- Maintain operating schedule
- Maintain daily professional work relation with division employees, managers and supervisors
- Follow all safety rules, company policies and procedures
- Ensure all water requirements are obtained as needed
- Monitor batches as they are being processed
- Ensure batches are being properly manufactured
- Review activity of compounders/set-up operators to ensure all work is properly completed
- Complete sign-offs as required by the SOP
- Support packaging functions as required
Additional Position Requirements:
One year of compounding experience preferred
Must be able to read English, sign batch records and log entries after each step as required.
Must be able to lift materials/equipment weighing between 25 – 50 lbs.
Must be able to wear full/half face respirator.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to stand; walk; sit; bend; push; pull; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.