Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is looking to hire a Sanitizer to support the Packaging team. The shift for this position is 6:00 pm–6:12 am requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable).
The Sanitizer performs the proper sanitizing and cleaning of packaging equipment to maintain a sanitary work environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for environmental cleaning and sanitation of the equipment and Manufacturing area on a daily basis.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists.
- Respond to out of trend cleaning data for route cause – investigation.
- Prepare and document all cleaning solutions and prep cleaning equipment for use by manually lifting and moving equipment and/or chemicals.
- Verifies the concentrations and effectiveness of sanitation solutions.
- Trained on chemical handling and use.
- Has willingness and ability to be cross-trained on different pieces of machinery in packaging.
- Operate and navigate computer and various applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Bending, stooping and lifting up to 55 pounds on a regular basis is required.
- Standing and walking for 10+ hours of shift.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise, extreme warm temperatures, chemicals, and industrial equipment and supplies.
- Candidate must be able to wear all required and necessary safety equipment and garments.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding and staging is required.