Manufacturing Specialist Opportunity - Allegan
Perrigo’s #1 priority is, and will continue to be, our peoples’ safety and well-being. Please visit this link https://www.perrigo.com/message-perrigo-ceo-and-president-covid-19 to learn about our commitment to protecting our employees during the Covid19 pandemic.
Manufacturing Specialists are at the forefront of Perrigo’s mission, which is “To make lives better by bringing Quality Affordable Self-Care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold.” The Manufacturing Specialist is an entry-level position where you may perform liquid and tablet mixing, tablet coating, tablet compression, or liquid dispensing of over-the-counter (“OTC”) pharmaceuticals. Our environment is dynamic, and we look for the same in new team members. You’ll be successful at Perrigo if you are independent, self-motivated, exhibit a high level of attention to detail, and pride yourself in doing what’s right even when no one is looking. Perrigo has high standards for providing a safe work environment, and your willingness to work safely and follow established safety protocols is required. If you are looking to start a rewarding career with a great company being a Manufacturing Specialist is the place to begin!
What you can expect
Specialists perform various operations using specialized equipment to produce a wide range of high-quality pharmaceutical products. Manufacturing Specialists must adhere to current Good Manufacturing Practices (“cGMP”), thus accuracy and attention to detail are critical in this role. A strong mechanical aptitude is also required, as Specialists may disassemble, clean, sanitize, and reassemble their own equipment. Available shifts for these opportunities vary but will be one of the following: second or third shift or 12-hour PM (nights) rotations. Position details and candidate availability for each shift will be discussed during a phone interview with Talent Acquisition.
- Follow written instructions contained in Standard Operating Procedures, manufacturing orders, cleaning checklists, and other controlled documents in accordance with cGMP regulations.
- Operate computer-controlled equipment utilizing a screen-based Operator Interface Terminal (OIT).
- Operate various instruments including calipers, balance scales, and hardness testers.
- Handle in-process raw and intermediate materials, to include charge-in of ingredients, mixing and transfer of in-process batches or components.
- Physically move bulk materials utilizing various forms of Power Industrial Equipment including drum dumpers, straddle stackers, pallet jacks and forklifts. Basic material handling and departmental utility tasks may also be assigned.
- Execute in-process attribute testing and visual inspections.
- Evaluate test results against prescribed parameters to determine if tested product is within specification.
- Accurately, repeatedly, and contemporaneously document GMP data on equipment logs, batch records and cleaning checklists.
- Execute equipment and manufacturing suite cleaning tasks utilizing manual and automated processes and prescribed cleaning checklists, to include confined space entry.
- Perform minor equipment servicing activities including disassembly, reassembly, and set-up.
- A High School diploma (or G.E.D.).
- Basic math and English communication skills, legible penmanship, and a high level of reading comprehension.
- A working knowledge of computers.
- Successful completion of a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and be available for overtime when necessary.
- Available for training on various shifts.
- Must have the ability to follow detailed written and verbal instructions.
- All Specialists must be able to stand for approximately 85% of their total shift.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) to include eye protection, hearing protection, half-face and/or Powered Air Purifying Respirators, protective clothing and fall restraint harnesses will be provided if required.
- Excellent attendance record and work history.
- A strong mechanical aptitude is highly preferred.
Consistently/Frequently - see (vision), hear, ability to read and write, ability to interpret information, basic math, reading and writing in English
Consistently/Frequently – stand, walk, lift up to 50 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, grasping, move items/boxes, feel with hands/fingers
Occasionally – sit, lifting 50 lbs., pull and push with skid jacks 880 lbs., climb ladders, stoop/bend, squat, kneeling, twisting, reach, reach above shoulders and head
Rarely – lift above shoulders and head 25 lbs.
Consistently/Frequently - exposure to loud noises/machinery, exposure to chemicals
Please be aware you may experience exposure to aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, or other OTC medication dust as products are loaded into hoppers. These dusts may be considered sensitizers that could affect an individual who is allergic to such materials.
Perrigo offers competitive wages based on experience, including off shift premiums, as well as a comprehensive benefit package that includes medical, dental, and vision coverage, paid holidays, 3 weeks paid-time-off, a comprehensive wellness program with an onsite fitness center, tuition reimbursement, 401k employer matching and profit sharing program, and much more!
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.