Senior Legal Counsel
Padagis is seeking an experienced corporate attorney to join our legal and compliance team. The individual in this role will provide legal advice to executives and senior leaders regarding M&A opportunities, corporate governance, finance and commercial transactions. This individual will occasionally research and provide advice regarding compliance, HR, and other matters. This is a new role within a generic prescription pharmaceutical company that is newly divested from a public parent company. Padagis is focused on growth, with associated opportunities for complex and interesting legal work. Compensation will include long-term incentives in the form of equity opportunities. The role will be based in Michigan and will operate within a 10-person legal/compliance team based in Michigan and Israel.
Knowledge, Experience and Education:
- Strong business ethics and impeccable integrity.
- Juris Doctor from an accredited law school.
- Law license enabling in-house practice in Michigan (current or attainable upon hiring through state reciprocity).
- Typically 7-10 years of sophisticated in-house or law firm experience focusing on corporate and financial matters.
- Experience managing projects or deals from start to finish.
- Significant experience in corporate governance and commercial transactions.
- Experience providing legal advice regarding HR, regulatory and compliance issues a plus.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Ability to operate effectively within a team and prioritize competing needs.
- Sound business judgment and client counseling experience.
- Provide legal advice, support, and risk assessment regarding high exposure and complex matters, with a primary focus on corporate governance, M&A, finance and commercial transactions.
- Manage M&A transaction processes from inception to closing, including management of outside counsel, drafting and negotiation of transaction documents, and management of the due diligence process.
- Evaluate the company’s activities, policies, practices and transactions to ensure compliance with relevant laws and regulations and protect the company’s legal and business interests.
- Provide support to the General Counsel to advise the Board of Directors and its Committees with respect to corporate governance and policies.
- Prepare/review proposed contracts, leases, formal agreements, insurance renewals and other legal documents to safeguard the company’s interests.
- Monitor and analyze legal and regulatory developments in corporate governance areas and drive training and employee education.
- Provide general corporate legal support and assist with other corporate and financial matters as necessary.
- Handle other project-based work within the legal department on an as-needed basis.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.