Customer Activation Manager
We are excited to be recruiting a Customer Activation Manager based at our International Headquarters in Dublin, Ireland. The main purpose of the position is to lead the development and execution of our shopper strategy - profiling, barriers and triggers, and the strategies to execute against them, through a targeted POS toolkit, and breakthrough in store shopper marketing activations.
This position will work with our marketing and sales functions to develop and deliver best practice shopper marketing execution. Whilst also leading the development and execution of our annual customer engagement days. This role sits within Perrigo CSI (Commercial Strategy & Implementation).
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the development of our shopper marketing strategy and front line execution in line with our brand and commercial strategies. Balance market share growth ambitions with budget management and ROI targets. Align with our marketing and sales functions, and execute across category, brand, and channel.
- Lead Shopper Marketing agency relationship to collaboratively design and flawlessly implement the toolkit that enables the commercial team (CS&I and Account Managers) to deliver excellence at the point of purchase across categories and channels.
- Design, and develop, with the supporting functions of sales and marketing, our key engagement days across all our customers. Develop the format and content of the process to give Perrigo a key USP over our competitive set, and as an enabler to commercial success.
- Work collaboratively with Commercial Strategy Managers to track effectiveness and ROI of POS, to ensure continuous improvement of promotional guidelines and investment of POS budgets.
- Own relationship with shopper marketing agency to develop bespoke point of sale to agreed customer and business timelines
- Own end to end process of design to delivery of POS.
- Work cross functionally with Commercial Strategy, Sales and Marketing Teams:
- Marketing to design key visuals and message hierarchy to create asset library for shopper requirements.
- Collaborate with CSI to define promotional strategy and guidelines, in particular timing and type of secondary display
- Assists brand managers and commercial strategy managers with preparation and presentations of internal campaign planning and customer meetings as assigned
- Support sales to implement POS once agreed with retailers and to design the optimum product load up and visuals.
- Day to day management of shopper marketing budget allocations across brand and retailer.
- Annual budget planning – design a budget based on brand and retailer requirements for growth while balancing internal P&L pressures and combining with ROI calculations.
- Lead the development and execution of our annual internal concept sell and subsequent customer engagement days. Design the format and any toolkits required to optimise Perrigo selling story and enable Marketing and CSI to bring our brands and products to life.
- Collaborate with Commercial Strategy Manager to track POS spend then evaluate ROI. Feed results into future promotional planning with CSMs.
- Develop new shopper creatives in collaboration with marketing and shopper marketing agency to deliver key brand messages in store in a unique and engaging manner to ensure Perrigo have best in class POS.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Educated to degree level in business related subject.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in sales & marketing or commercial ideally in FMCG with emphasis on retailer engagement.
- Must have experience of developing shopper marketing strategy development and execution in grocery and/or pharmacy customers.
- Personal drive to achieve and able to prioritise differing demands from customers internal and external
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.