Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Major Duties / Responsibilities
- Assist production areas in meeting schedules by troubleshooting problems with any/all site mechanical equipment as well as PLC/Computer controlled equipment and/or working with vendors to restart equipment as needed.
- Support new equipment installation, line extensions, validation activities, process improvements and equipment set-up instructions (ESI) feedback; this may include participation during a factory-acceptance test (FAT), supporting the IQ/OQ by making needed adjustments to the equipment, performing equipment changes.
- Ensure that new or upgraded equipment works properly by working with engineering, operations and vendors to test validate and document PLC controls as well as provide technical review and input for the change control process.
- Support development and execution of preventative maintenance programs.
- Partner with packaging and training on developing and executing mechanics and set up techs training plans. Evaluate a and monitor performance of mechanics and set up techs, provide hands on training and support.
- Suggest/Initiate/Support process improvement efforts within the production/packaging and manufacturing operations areas including but not limited to system control improvements, 5S, PLC technology implementation as well as production/packaging engineering
Requirements: This position requires a minimum of 6 years of hands on Maintenance Mechanic experience as well as a minimum of 2 years of experience in robotics, PLC Controls/automated systems controls. Bachelors degree in Electrical or Mechanical engineering and/or advanced mechanical/electrical or PLC certifications preferred. Knowledge of the following systems/equipment helpful:
- Comadis tube fillers
- Murzan, Graco, Waukesha Pumps
- Cam/P.MM carton machines
- Vertical/Zanasi boxing equipment
- HV/HMM CAM carton machine
- Campbell Wrapper machines
- Filz alls liquid filler equipment
- Cozzoli Machines
- Jones boxing equipment
- Unit Dose filling lines
- Monoblock liquid filling line
- SAAS suppository fillers
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.