Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is looking to hire a Sanitizer to support the Packaging team. The shift for this position is 6:00 pm–6:00 am requiring shift, weekend, and holiday work (when applicable). The starting base pay is $18/hour.
The Sanitizer performs the proper sanitizing and cleaning of packaging equipment to maintain a sanitary work environment. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for environmental cleaning and sanitation of the equipment and Manufacturing area on a daily basis.
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly cleaning checklists.
- Respond to out of trend cleaning data for route cause – investigation.
- Prepare and document all cleaning solutions and prep cleaning equipment for use by manually lifting and moving equipment and/or chemicals.
- Verifies the concentrations and effectiveness of sanitation solutions.
- Trained on chemical handling and use.
- Has willingness and ability to be cross-trained on different pieces of machinery in packaging.
- Operate and navigate computer and various applications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Ability to read, write, communicate, and comprehend written instructions.
- Must be able to follow detailed written instructions.
- Bending, stooping and lifting up to 55 pounds on a regular basis is required.
- Standing and walking for 10+ hours of shift.
- Incumbent will be exposed to noise, extreme warm temperatures, chemicals, and industrial equipment and supplies.
- Candidate must be able to wear all required and necessary safety equipment and garments.
- Work from ladders, scaffolding and staging is required.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.