Financial Manager - FP&A - Oral Care Business Unit [Ranir]
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
We are looking for a Financial Manager - FP&A, based at Ranir, a Perrigo Company, in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
The Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) is a key leader in the Finance function, responsible for evaluating current and proposed financial plans and policies; formulating recommending changes that will improve the organization's profitability. This role acts as a financial business partner to effectively manage the profitability of existing and new business operations by providing analysis of profitability variances and recommended corrective actions.
This role provides financial expertise and guidance to the leadership team and Finance function. This role is instrumental to core functions including month, quarter, and year-end close, analysis of forecast and actual business performance, analysis of operational metrics, development and execution of strategy to achieve business goals, and compliance with corporate financial policies, legal requirements, and GAAP. This individual will drive short term and long term actions to achieve business goals, while deploying strategic and practical improvements to drive efficiency and accuracy.
- Advise and counsel leadership team on financial implications of operating strategies, cost control actions and business decisions, while interacting regularly with corporate Tax, Legal, Treasury, HR and IT functions
- Implement best practices as it relates to financial planning and analysis, including processes, systems, tools and techniques, across the organization
- Develop and report on annual and operating budget, P&L statements, strategic plans, monthly forecasts, goals & objectives, financial reconciliations, reports and analysis for business management, including variance analysis, cost control reporting, pricing, customer profitability, sales & gross profit & operating expenses; prepare ad-hoc financial estimates, budgets, and analyses as needed
- Lead analysis of the profitability of all new businesses and/or products and develop financial RIO models with recommendations to drive business decision for sourcing/outsourcing decisions
- Lead analysis of any M&A activity related to the Oral Care business unit
- Lead accurate and timely reporting of business financial information to business in compliance with company policies and GAAP
- Manage and drive cost saving initiatives to improve operating economies and profitability; develop metrics and drive projects that improve financial performance
- Engage direct reports and larger organization to establish a work environment that encourages individual career development and growth in order to provide adequate and qualified financial professionals opportunity for advancement
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution in Finance, Accounting, Business Management or related field of study required; MBA from accredited institution preferred
- Minimum 6 years of Accounting or Finance work experience, in a manufacturing environment preferred, with a minimum of 2 years’ experience leading direct reports
- Comprehensive knowledge of financial planning and analysis with a thorough understanding of analytical methods in a variety of accounting and operational sources
- Expert-level proficiency with PC skills such as Word, Excel PowerPoint and accounting software with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications; working knowledge of SAP, Hyperion Planning, Smartview, and Essbase strongly preferred
- Effective leadership skills to coach and teach; facilitation and presentation skills, with the ability to function effectively in a team environment to gain the cooperation of individuals across the business
- Strong analytic/problem solving skills with the ability to convert strategies into actionable plans and processes
- Able to practice sound and ethical judgment with the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing tasks and demands
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English, with demonstrated ability to successfully work with peer group and frontline organization