Intern - Manufacturing Engineer - Oral Care Business Unit [Ranir]
The Manufacturing Engineer Summer/Fall Intern is a member of the Ranir Engineering team, responsible for the continuous improvement initiatives in support of the overall operational strategy.
As part of cross-functional project teams, this role will have the opportunity to apply the knowledge and skills acquired through undergraduate studies and other experiences. This will be used to support continuous improvement activities and company initiatives that support the mission of delivering millions of affordable, healthy smiles.
This role will gain valuable experience working closely with internal and external customers to develop cost effective solutions, provide technical input toward achieving different objectives, and communicate project status and results throughout.
- Participate in identifying opportunities to decrease non value-added time on key manufacturing processes
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve safety on the manufacturing floor
- Assist with other manufacturing and engineering projects
Essential Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree program studying Engineering at an accredited institution by the start of assignment
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Minimum of 2 years of collegiate courses completed or equivalent by the start of the internship
- Authorized to work in the United States without work authorization
- Available to maintain employment through the length of the temporary assignment estimated for June 2020 through December 2020. Preference will be given to those seeking 6 month assignments but 3 month assignments from approximately May/June 2020 – Aug/Sept 2020 will be considered.
- Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate in English verbally and in writing;
- No relocation offered for this role. All candidates must live within reasonable distance from Ranir location in Grand Rapids, MI
- Communicate effectively (written and oral) with suppliers and associates
- Well-organized and able to manage time effectively
- Works effectively as an individual performer or as a member of a team
- Ability to deliver on multiple deadlines with consistent work of high-quality
- Seeks ongoing opportunities to learn and grow; accepting of developmental feedback
- Demonstrates an enthusiastic approach and maintains a positive outlook
- Adaptive to different work styles in a team environment