Sr Scientist / Principal Scientist - Formulation R&D (Solid Oral Dosage Formulation experience required)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
The experienced Sr. Scientist / Principal Scientist in this role will lead formulation/process development and commercialization activities (as an individual contributor) for a variety of dosage forms (solid, liquid, semisolid, nasal sprays) using QbD principles. See below for a summary of other key responsibilities and requirements.
NOTE: Candidates must have hands-on, applied work experience with solid oral dosage forms to receive consideration for this role.
- Lead product/process development and commercialization 4 for new immediate release and modified release solid oral dosage forms (OSDs), liquid oral dosage forms, topical/semi-solids dosage forms and nasal sprays, interfacing with Analytical Research & Development scientists to facilitate “First-to-Market” corporate goals.
- Lead the manufacture of Pivotal/Registration lots for new products in the Product/Process Development Pilot Plant and Manufacturing facilities.
- Design and perform quality scientific experimentation to develop robust processes in support of Formulation / Process Development activities.
- Contribute to the development of new experimental approaches using Quality by Design approaches. Design and conduct stability studies. Analyze and defend scientific results from experiments.
- Maintain scientific currency. Acts as internal/external Subject Matter Expert (SME) for drug product and process related technical issues and provides technical support to Technical Operations, Manufacturing, Quality and to third party contractors.
- Generate accurate, reliable data by following established procedures and practices to support product development. Record, tabulate, summarize, interpret, report and publish results. Prepare Master Batch Records for Experimental, Pilot/Pivotal, scale-up and process validation batches.
- Work across multi-departmental/functional and global groups or teams to provide technical expertise and an enthusiasm to promote an environment of continuous improvement curiosity and innovation.
- Perform effective problems solving, resolution, and implementation of process improvements in designated day-to-day operations and participate in large scope product/process development and improvement projects.
- Communicates effectively to project manager and the wider development team and presents data at team meetings and departmental technical meetings.
- Leads and/or Collaborates with multidisciplinary teams to resolve complex product development issues and respond to internal and external audits.
- Ensure compliance with current Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Perrigo policies and Quality Systems, and all applicable regulatory agencies.
- At least one of the following educational and experience requirements must be met in order to qualify:
- Bachelor’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering or closely allied life sciences discipline combined with 5 to 11 years of research experience within the pharmaceutical industry
- Master’s degree combined with 2 to 9 years of relevant research experience
- Doctoral degree combined with up to 1 to 7 years of relevant research experience.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of pharmaceutical sciences combined with professional experience in developing and testing formulation processes in more than one dosage form or product category.
- Expert with QbD principles.
- Expert in writing parts of ANDA submission relevant to the formulation / process development.
- Sound problem solving skills and good scientific judgment are required.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work on interdisciplinary teams are required.
- Hands on small scale equipment and good understanding of large scale conventional pharmaceutical equipment is required.
- Familiarity with project management methodology is necessary.
- Team Player
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.