Senior Manager, Corporate Quality Systems
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
**Please note this position is located in Allegan, Michigan and relocation to Michigan will be required within a reasonable amount of time. A remote working situation for a period of time to allow for safe relocation is acceptable.
The Senior Manager of Corporate Quality Systems leads, manages, and develops corporate quality systems (global document management, change control, deviation handling, CAPA management, quality compliance risk management, etc.) to assure corporate quality compliance. The leader in this role researches industry and business unit best practices and utilizes this information to enhance and develop global quality systems. One key responsibility of this role is business process oversite for Global Change Control including global board review of changes affecting multiple Perrigo sites, regulations, and business units. The process oversight provided by this senior leader is expected to be highly effective, efficient and compliant in an effort to anticipate the needs of our growing and dynamic organization in an ever-complex regulated global environment.
Additional key responsibilities of this role include:
- Evaluates and assesses the effectiveness of each Perrigo site’s Quality Management Systems with business and site Quality leadership to assure global quality compliance. Plans continuous improvement implementation, coordinating with other Quality initiatives. Consultation with site leaders in communication and accountability systems for monitoring and maintaining metrics. Lead development, implementation, and management of Global/Corporate Quality enterprise systems.
- Lead the acquisitions and due diligence activities from a Quality perspective. Develops applicable integration requirements, due diligence, risk management, mitigation and integration plans that provide the best opportunities for Perrigo without compromising Perrigo’s quality and compliance standing. Coordinate integration or due diligence resources and timelines, ensuring critical path milestones are met, identifying any barriers to progress and working with Quality leadership and business representatives to mitigate problems. Identify impact of integration activities and work with Quality leadership and Integration department to prioritize as necessary.
- Leads the development of corporate quality programs to advance the culture of continuous improvement and advance the Quality Culture within Perrigo. Advances a learning environment globally for Perrigo Quality Globally. Program oversight for Always Quality, Global quality surveillance and metrics, Global Quality Newsletter, and other corporate quality programs.\
- Provides corporate leaders with surveillance and global quality analytics for all global quality systems (Deviations, CAPA, global change control, consumer affairs/complaints, global document management, etc.) for all Perrigo sites which are utilized when making risk based quality decisions. Prepare and present project updates and reports for business unit leaders, site heads, and new business partners. Collaborate with integration team in refining and enhancing integration processes, templates and project planning tools to improve integration processes and capture learnings from each project.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a relevant discipline.
- At least ten to fifteen (10-15) years of pharmaceutical industry experience with a substantial portion of that experience in a Quality operations role is required, with five (5) years or more of experience in supervision and management strongly preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of TrackWise, SAP, and Lab Information Management systems is preferred. Validation leadership of such systems is also preferred.
- Continuous Improvement, Lean-Sigma experience preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of processes, standards and controls as they relate to the regulated health care or life sciences business.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable state, federal and international regulations governing Perrigo products in the development and management of pharmaceutical quality management systems and processes. Specifically, operational experience in the core QMS processes such as quality risk assessment, global document management, global change control, and deviation handling.
- Ability to partner with quality leadership and integration teams to identify specific goals and/or issues, determine the appropriate course of action, and drive initiatives to ensure results.
- Very strong analytical, problem-solving skills, technical writing, verbal communication and presentation skills, and the ability to work closely with executive leadership, global quality leaders, and lead project team members are required.
- Proven leadership ability and experience building and maintaining positive relationships globally, both internally and externally, including good negotiating skills. Executive presence and the ability to build relationships with new business partners are also necessary.
- Knowledge of Quality best practices and experience with technology tools to support the Quality function including excellent computer skills in Microsoft Suite environment.
- Experience in managing complex projects and business and/or technical projects involving cross-functional collaborations, multiple stake holders and third-party entities preferred.
- Global travel is necessary up to an average of 10%.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.