MRB Associate Scientist / Scientist - Analytical R&D
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Perrigo is now hiring for an Associate Scientist / Scientist to join their Analytical R&D area within the Material Review Board (MRB) team. The incumbent will be responsible for supporting materials characterization for Perrigo's Consumer Self-Care products.
Major Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Research, prepare and review technical documents, including but not limited to SOP's, drug master files, vendor qualification, technical packages, compendia, protocols, raw material and intermediate specifications, test methods, certificates of analysis, analytical reports, and method validation reports which conform to company and regulatory standards.
- Perform physical and chemical testing on raw materials, in-process and finished product samples. This includes documentation, report writing and review.
- Develop, validate and transfer non-complex and complex analytical methods.
- Prepare documents for regulatory filings (ANDA, NDA, ANDS) and internal company use. Design experiments and provide relevant data to support responses for FDA minor deficiency letters.
- Participate in cross-functional teams at project-related meetings, lead or facilitate technical discussions and successfully resolve problems with suppliers, methods, project issues and deviations.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences combined with at least 2-4 years of relevant experience in a cGMP or cGLP laboratory.
- Demonstrated proficiency in a variety of analytical instruments and software utilized for physical and chemical analysis.
- Familiarity with a variety of compendial references including United States Pharmacopeia.
- The ability to develop, document and execute analyses or experiments of moderate complexity, ensuring methods are robust and reliable.
- The ability to maintain high quality documentation, analyze and properly interpret data, and prepare reports, SOPs or other technical reports is necessary.
- Technical writing and data analysis skills highly desired.
- Must be able to work independently on multiple concurrent projects, develop testing plans that significantly contribute to process and material knowledge, discern specification and testing criticality and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams.