We are hiring a talented Category Manager to lead our Asda and Morrisons business. Joining our Commercial Strategy team, based Central London or Barnsley,
Who are you?
If you spend hours obsessing over why someone buys what they buy and what made them do it then you’re one of us.
If you have hundreds of photos on your phone of supermarket fixtures, look at online shops for fun and you can appreciate the beauty of a scatter chart, then you’ve got the attitude you need for this role.
We’re looking for someone who’s spent the last 5 years working in, or closely with, Category Management and has a strong commercial background in the UK FMCG market; is results focused and has demonstrated strong Influencing and leadership skills.
What do you do?
DELIVER THE CATEGORY VISION:
- Support the development, refresh and execution of the 3 Year Category vision for the total Healthcare category, identifying ways to unlock consumption and shopper behavior.
- Create bespoke plans and effectively execute with the Account Teams; bringing it to life in a simple and compelling way that inspires your customer(s) to believe in the growth potential of their categories, aligned to their strategic goals and with a clear and achievable Size of Prize.
- Collaborate with insight colleagues to deliver in depth shopper understanding and create robust shopper-based recommendations.
OWN THE SALES FUNDAMENTALS:
- Develop and execute differentiated strategies and tactics that maximise range, distribution and merchandising opportunities for each retailer, making the Healthcare category easier and a more engaging place to shop.
- Objectively track and evaluate Category and retailer performance, identifying risks or opportunities to the portfolio and proactively communicating suggested actions.
- Own the setting and delivery of annual sales fundamentals (4Ps) targets along with CSM colleagues and work collaboratively with sales to ensure JBPs build on these goals.
- Own key customer’s range review process, making independent ranging decisions to fuel mutual category growth.
PROVIDE INSIGHTS, ANALYIS AND REPORTING:
- Effectively interpret all available industry, category, customer and shopper data turning it into actionable insights delivered in a compelling way to both internal and external customers.
- Keep up to date with relevant industry news, know the grocery and pharmacy retail landscape, know your customer and their competitive set, and most of all know your numbers.
- Deliver monthly reporting that gives your retailer and Perrigo a competitive edge. Deliver more than just charts and headlines.
DEVELOP STRONG CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIPS:
- Own the day to day Category relationship with the customer at Buyer, Senior Buyer and Senior Category Merchandiser level
- Exemplify a ‘Customer First’ mindset and build close working relationships with key internal and external customers through developing a detailed understanding of key contacts, their strategy, goals and annual calendar.
- Embedded as part of your customer’s extended team, you will act as a trusted advisor representing the needs of the shopper and total category growth at all time.
How do you do it?
- By delivering growth for our Retailers, value for our Shoppers and share for Perrigo
- Creating dynamic plans for every channel, making strategic choices to win in the right places.
- You put the Shopper first, know them the best and deliver them a best in class experience.
- Consistently holding yourself and others accountable for excellence and taking ownership of our business.
- Developing yourself and our team though learning, challenging and caring.
Why do you do it?
Healthcare is something we all need and buy. But it’s not always something we want to buy, enjoy buying, or plan to buy. At Perrigo we’d love to change that. Our Vision is to make lives better by bringing quality, affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold.
As part of the Category Management team, you’ll be the Pulse of Perrigo. Making lives better by changing how people find and buy Healthcare for the future.
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.