Global Sourcing Manager (Ext Manufacturing)
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
You will be joining a leading provider of over the counter health and wellness solutions that enhance individual well-being by empowering consumers to proactively prevent or treat conditions that can be self-managed.
Our new vision and our internal program of 'recapturing the Perrigo advantage' place our Procurement function front and centre of our business and we now have a requirement for a ‘Sourcing Manager’ to join our External Manufacturing team. to serve as the primary liaison between Perrigo and our manufacturing partners. We think it is an exciting time to join Perrigo and that this is a hugely rewarding role for you if you are someone who is eager to make an impact.
In this role you will primarily responsible for the strategic sourcing and negotiations of multiple, complex External spend categories to ensure cost effectiveness and performance standards in direct alignment with our Clients Global Procurement strategy, category management structure, supplier management methodology and performance objectives as defined by the Vice President, Global Procurement. Collaborates with the regionally designated indirect category representatives (Global Indirect Team) to deliver best value global products and solutions to the company and its clients. The responsibilities of this position also include managing projects through new product committee, MRB, PEM, Stage Gate, etc.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Strategic Sourcing Team – New vendor discovery, negotiation, contract creation and completion, Direct Sourcing responsibility
- Contract/Vendor Management-Problem resolution, contract terms, resolve supplier shortages, monitor future implications
- Customer Service -Responsible for internal and external customer service levels and metrics
- Reporting-Spend analysis and Budgetary investigation
- Invoice - Investigation, analysis and resolution
- Purchase Order Management-Pricing, expedite
Requirements for the role include:
- Bachelor's degree in business related field (within purchasing, supply chain, operations or materials management preferred)
- Knowledge of supply chain levers; Logistics, Industrial Engineering, and Manufacturing
- Minimum of 5 years of purchasing experience
- CPM, APP or equivalent purchasing certification preferred
- Solid track record meeting substantial material cost reduction targets
- Intermediate to Advanced MS Office skills in Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook
- SAP knowledge and navigation skills
- Ability to coordinate multiple group efforts within the company to achieve objectives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, with awareness of deadlines
- Ability to identify processes needing improvement, and to recommend improvement
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.