Junior Product Development Manager
Perrigo Company is dedicated to making lives better by bringing high quality and affordable self-care products that consumers trust everywhere they are sold. Help us do it.
Company: Ranir, A Perrigo Company
Position: Junior Product Development Manager
Function: Marketing/Project Management
Location: Siegburg, Germany
The Junior Product Development Manager is principally responsible for supporting the EU New Product development team for new product launches, including artwork and packaging updates for new and existing products for German retail customers. The role within this exciting international team is to deliver administrative support to the product development team and help ensure targets are met for the product launches.
The candidate will have a strong organizational skills and experience in managing multiple projects with retailers ideally in private label. He/She must be confidence working in an international, entrepreneurial and fast paced environment. He/she must understand the needs of customers and be highly organized and possess strong project management skills with detailed knowledge of the artwork development process.
The successful candidate must be well rounded with the ability to work closely and cooperatively with cross functional and international teams. The candidate should demonstrate a positive can-do attitude, knowing that successful businesses thrive on “whatever it takes” to make the customers and consumers happy.
- Support the implementation and tracking of critical path of product line introductions and packaging artwork by working closely with suppliers, customers, design agencies and internal cross-functional teams including Operations, QA, R&D, Sales and Marketing.
- Work with a multitude of artwork systems.
- Manage all samples; this includes collecting and ordering samples from our suppliers
- Manage your own workflow effectively, ensuring all deadlines are met
- Support local German and EU colleagues to realize New Product Development opportunities
- Manage internal and external resources, as necessary, to execute projects.
- Manage internal approval systems and artwork files.
- Work closely with, and support, your line Manager to execute multiple tasks within agreed critical paths
- 2-3 years’ experience as artwork and packaging coordinator, working for a private label company is a plus.
- Have previous experience working with new product artwork and packaging launches.
- Proven experience in new product and packaging artwork launches for retail customers delivering on schedule and working with cross functional teams such as suppliers, operations, marketing, design agencies.
- Experience in hands on, limited resources, fast-paced, ambitious, entrepreneurial business environment.
- Experience with product development and marketing within Health Care or Private Label industry would be useful.
- Proficient in MS Office, Microsoft Project and ideally Illustrator. Ability to learn internal and external customer system programs.
- Experience in working with suppliers in the Far East
- University degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong project management experience – attention to detail is key
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at one time, with minimum supervision.
- Takes initiative, plans and prioritizes well in a multi-tasking environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and internationally
- Be confident in Microsoft office programmes
- Strong interpersonal, writing, verbal, and communication skills
- German fluency and good English skills