Category Demand Planner to be at our office near London Victoria. With the current situation we have a hybrid approach, so you would need to be able to access the business office in central London, and work from home.
This Demand Planning position is responsible for a segment of the UK branded and store brand OTC business. All forecasting activities associated with customers and products. The Demand Planner creates and maintains forecast models for our products, incorporating business intelligence and forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer data, and other sources (i.e. Nielsen or IRI consumer data).
The Demand Planner is the integration point into the sales and commercial organisation. This position leads the dialogue each month for their respective products with key counterparts in the Sales and Marketing teams.
Key responsibilities include:
- Long Term Demand Forecast Published once a month as part of the SI&OP process. This sales forecast is used by the business for short- and long-term capacity planning, materials planning and third-party supplier forecasts.
- Attend Portfolio Review and Consensus meetings
The Demand Planner will use these data sources to build and amend the product level forecast:
- Demand Review and Portfolio Review meetings;
- Sales budget tracker
- Marketing plans
- Historical data
- Information from customer analysts / online customer system
The Demand Planner should:
- Challenge the sales forecasts with the sales team especially if they differ from previous months, year or budget.
- Monthly Forecast Reports
- Grid Reports for Demand review and portfolio review meetings;
- Logility versus Visual Fabriq comparison report;
In this role you will work closely with and build close relationships with customer supply chain contacts in order to deliver optimum product availability. They will play a link between our retailers, our Customer Supply Analysts and our National Account Managers.
- Develop demand forecasts (operational forecasts) at product level for aggregation into categories and for multiple time horizons as part of a demand planning function;
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models within the Logility forecast system, and evaluate forecast results;
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated sales and marketing assumptions;
- Interact with sales, marketing, customer supply analysts and finance to understand demand forecast drivers;
- Utilise a collaborative and consensus approach by working with above functions to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts;
- Use and maintain the Demand Planning software (Logility) as the primary forecasting system tool;
- Provide input to the Supply Planning organisation in developing inventory strategies on existing items, new products, and product phase-outs;
- Closely coordinate and communicate customer action plans with supply planning.
You must have a good understanding of forecast models; Ability to deep dive on EPOS data and challenge forecast assumptions; Proficiency in Power BI and Excel; Ability to build good working relationship with key stakeholders
This is a great career opportunity to be part of a globally successful organisation, who has the customer at the forefront of everything we do
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.