Project Manager - Oral Care Business Unit
This position will apply prior project management techniques and experience, with applicable knowledge of engineering, technology, and manufacturing practices to improve our launch process, efficiently execute high priority projects, hold team members accountable to project timelines, and provide support for documentation, design control and commercialization of products into the marketplace.
The selected candidate will be exceptionally organized, while supporting management of new product development projects from line plan to product launch. The candidate will be a creative and collaborative problem solver, gaining global work exposure by partnering with leadership, internal, and external stakeholders domestically and in Asia.
The selected candidate will support the Dr. Fresh product portfolio and other NPD initiatives across the Oral Care business unit. The Dr. Fresh product portfolio includes Firefly, the #1 Brand in Kids Oral Care with award winning innovation and full consumer regimen and REACH, a full spectrum Oral Care brand.
- Manage execution of new product multi-year launch portfolio using project management techniques, including forming and guiding global cross-functional teams, developing comprehensive schedules and budgets, reporting status, developing project documentation and providing input to project prioritization; provide leadership to team throughout initiatives without direct reporting relationships
- Act as a point of contact for multiple project teams; coordinating communication between team members, representing the team at project review meetings and communicating team decisions to senior management
- Utilize expertise, guidance, and coaching as needed with cross-functional teams. Prepare project document files required to document the team activities
- Facilitate meetings – schedule project team meetings, invite appropriate attendees, provide agendas and minutes, lead team discussion, manage action items, conduct post project reviews
- Maintain appropriate project documentation including scope, project costs, baseline critical timeline. Document project changes and utilize Change Control as needed
- Lead project risk assessment with the team and identify any resource barriers to hitting the project plan and communicate through relevant channels
- Provide input to process improvement of organization stage gate launch process to align with fast follow strategy
- Bachelor’s degree in scientific or engineering discipline; Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting, or Engineering also considered
- Minimum 3-5 years of demonstrated success in managing projects; 5 years of demonstrated success in managing projects through Stage Gate process with relevant Costing/P&L experience preferred
- Minimum 3-5 years’ experience working in new product development; 5 years’ experience working in new product development interacting with operations with exposure to scheduling, procurement, manufacturing practices, and quality systems preferred
- 5 years’ experience working in CPG, Health & Beauty, or FDA businesses with 100+ SKUs preferred
- PMI Certified (PMP, PgMP, CAPM) preferred
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Suite and Teams, with the ability to quickly learn various in-house software applications (SharePoint, ERP, Salesforce, Adobe Suite) as needed
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) with associates and stakeholders globally; demonstrated ability to work with senior leadership, multi-national or virtual teams, and frontline organization;
- Proven ability to manage multiple high priority items while delivering exceptional results
- Proven ability to manage and motivate associates to accomplish objectives; knowledge of people management skills to influence others and resolve conflict
- Ability to travel as needed; anticipated less than 10%.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without company sponsorship
We are seeking a diverse applicant pool to ensure the diversity of our team reflects the end consumers we serve through our self-care mission. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates our team’s differences. Individuals of all races, ethnicities, nationalities, ancestries, religious creeds, sexual orientations, genders, gender identities and gender expressions, national origins, ages, mental and physical abilities, familial status,’ veterans status’, military status’ and more are encouraged to apply. TOGETHER, we make lives better.