Sr. Software Engineer, Frameworks
Senior Software Engineer - Frameworks
As a Senior Software Engineer at PeopleConnect, you will help design, develop and deliver next-generation technologies within our Application Framework team. This team is in process of replacing on prem services with new, modern cloud services focused on fault tolerance, security and performance. The software tools and cloud platform here will mainly be Java/AWS.
Our teams are built with passionate engineers who love to code and build great products. Engineers who are highly motivated, detail-oriented and bring new ideas in all facets of software development to continually improve products and features. Our technology leaders take ownership of their areas of focus and are driven to empower their teams to collaboratively solve problems at every level.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to take on challenges related to framework development, prototyping, and evaluation of newer technologies to support applications across PeopleConnect properties, including classmates.com and Intelius.com. We are full-stride in a multi-year mission to modernize our tech stack and move all of our systems to the cloud. You’ll fit right in if you’re at home in an agile environment and believe continual improvement is a way of life. Here, you’ll find a collaborative and empowered team and casual work environment in a great downtown location.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and technical vision related to core development
- Full SDLC responsibilities for design and development of reusable application development frameworks
- Analyze and recommend the right technologies to build technical solutions that meet business needs
- Object-oriented programming and design including API and database design
- Working in an agile team, performing code and design reviews
- Deliver on time with high quality; advocate for TDD best practices
- Follow and encourage best practices
- Shared ownership of both live operations and business results
- 5+ years’ experience developing and supporting software in a high load Unix environment including performance testing
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills and a track record of delivery.
- Leadership, critical thinking and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in troubleshooting complex systems
- Experience working in Cloud, Agile, CI/CD, DevOps environments a plus
- Languages / Frameworks
- 5+ years’ experience/expert level understanding and implementation of Java.
- 5+ years of commercial web application development using Spring for IOC and web presentation
- 3+ years’ experience/expert level SQL with Postgres, Oracle or MySQL
- 3+ years’ experience/advanced level RESTful API development experience
- 5+ years’ experience with test-driven development using Junit and mocking frameworks such as Mockito, Jmock, etc.
- 5+ years’ experience with build and deployment tools such as Maven, Hudson, Bamboo, etc.
- Experience with system monitoring tools such as Zabbix, Dynatrace etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience.
We started as two companies with deep Seattle roots, both in the business of finding, and managing, information about people. These companies were brought together to revolutionize an industry that’s filled with dark corners and reactive strategy. Using the combined resources of Classmates’ one-of-a-kind social network, Intelius’ proprietary people profiles, and the merged talents and experience of our employees, we aim to shine a light in those dark corners and be the digital identity company that empowers consumers.
Located in the heart of Downtown Seattle, we work in small empowered teams that create a big impact. We are agile and down-to-earth, collaborate toward common goals, and enjoy a balance between strategic and tactical as well as work and life. Our core values are deeply focused on balance, collaboration, continual improvement and empowerment.
PeopleConnect, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Local area candidates are encouraged to apply, and please note we are not able to offer visa sponsorship, visa transfer, or corp-corp arrangements.
Since 2003, Intelius has been an industry leader for the information of people. Our focus is to empower decision-making and deliver robust, and objective information brought together from across the internet. Delivering credible digital identities; including backgrounds, connections to people, places, and organizations - in a transparent way - we are pioneers in the information commerce industry, ranked among the top background search sites on the Internet. We offer products and services including people and property search, background checks, and reverse phone lookup. Beyond delivering reliable and accurate information - we augment, interpret, and present it based on your unique needs, creating valuable and trusted solutions for our millions of customers across lifestyles and industries because being informed matters.
For over 20 years, Classmates has operated as the leading online social network service in the United States for bringing high school alumni together. Classmates serves over 70 million members and enables its users to find and reconnect with high school friends. In addition to facilitating connections with high school friends, Classmates also features the largest library of digitized yearbooks available anywhere on the Internet, to help members reconnect, reminisce, engage, and plan reunions with alumni.