Emergency Registered Veterinary Technician
Animal Urgent Care of South Orange County is seeking Veterinary Technicians and Assistants to join us on the weekends!
We are open to part-time or full-time team members. Incredible growth opportunities working with an experienced and welcoming team!
We have a fun, fast-paced facility with a friendly & positive working environment. We value honest and direct communication between staff, management, and clients. We are community-centered, we honor the client/patient relationship, and we respect people and their pets. Our technicians are highly utilized, respected, and supported. We are proud of our collaborative environment and excellent patient care.
In this position you will be able to work 12-hour shifts and your patients will include dogs, cats and wildlife!
Outstanding benefits for our full-time team members including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401k, life insurance, 80 hours PTO, continuing education, fantastic pet discounts for up to 5 pets in GP/ER/Specialty in our Thrive Pet Healthcare network, paid parental and purrental leave and much more!
A typical shift for our technicians includes:
- Triage incoming patients.
- Perform venipuncture, IV-catheter, and injection administration.
- General patient care.
- Set up, position, and take digital radiographs.
- Collect, set up, and interpret in-house laboratory and cytology tests.
- Monitor anesthesia and assisting in surgical procedures including laceration repairs, urethral blockages, emergent abdominal/soft tissue surgeries or endoscopy.
- Educate clients on preventive care and follow up care.
- Properly and safely restrain patients, reliably and with compassion to prepare for procedures performed by technicians and/or doctors.
- Wonderful opportunities for growth and exposure to handling injured wildlife.
We are ideally looking for candidates with:
- 2 years in veterinary hospital experience, credentials (LVT/RVT/CVT) highly preferred or actively working towards credentialling.
- Collaborator and willingness to cross train in all areas of a practice
- Self-driven accountability for learning
- Cheerful outlook
- Conflict resolution skills
- Driven, has initiative and eagerness to learn.
Hourly Wage: $20-29/hr depending on credentials, experience and skillset.
Learn more about us at https://aucsoc.com/ and https://www.thrivepetcare.com/
We can’t wait to speak with you!