Critical Care Veterinary Technician (LVT)
Veterinary Specialist and Emergency Services (VSES) is seeking a full-time Critical Care Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join our growing team!
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, parental leave, generous pet discounts, and more!
Compensation: $21-26/ hour
Our Ideal Candidate:
An individual who is passionate about animal care, highly motivated, and pays attention to detail. Our Licensed Veterinary Technicians are the heartbeat of our team and work side by side our Veterinarians (DVMs) during procedures. A full-time position would require working between 36-40 hours a week, which include a combination of day, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Assisting DVMs during procedures by restraining animals, conducting tests, monitoring vitals, and administering medications.
- Maintaining medical records and communicating with clients on their pets' medical procedures, including next steps.
- Maintaining treatment room, including maintenance of equipment such as anesthetic machines/ monitors and critical care units.
- Must be comfortable and confident handling large animals.
- Monitoring and assessing patient’s status
- Collecting blood and other samples for testing
- Placing catheters
- Administering medication
- Providing sedation for diagnostic procedures
- Feeding patient through peg-tube and Naso-gastric tubes
- Performing postoperative nursing care, including pain management.
- Experience place NG tubes, central venous catheters, managing chest tubes preferred.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology is required.
- Valid New York State Veterinary Technology license is required.
- Previous veterinary experience is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, squatting, reach, standing, and walking throughout the day.