Senior Compensation Partner (Austin, TX or Remote)
Founded in 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400+ primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US.
Our Belief: We believe that that the pets who bring wellness and joy to all of us deserve exceptional care from people and professionals who are loved, respected, and thriving too.
Our Mission: To nurture pets and their families through meaningful relationships and exceptional pet care. We aim to create the world’s most trusted, innovative and connected pet healthcare ecosystem.
Genuine care is at the heart of everything we do. Whether we are taking care of pets or people who care for pets.
We lead the industry with empathy and continue to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical wellbeing programs.
Thrive Pet Healthcare is currently seeking an experienced Sr. Compensation Partner to join our fun, passionate, and growing People Operations team. Enjoy a unique opportunity to drive Thrive Pet Healthcare’s compensation strategy, design, analysis, and administration. This is a pivotal role responsible for helping shape a compelling employee experience that attracts, retains, and motivates our talent to be change agents for good. Not to mention, we are the fastest-growing veterinary management organization in the country, with 10,000+ employees eager for the meaningful impact this role will create!
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development of org-wide job architecture and leveling, which will serve as the foundation upon which key compensation and talent management programs are built
- Supporting the development of internally- and market-competitive salary structures and annual incentive plans (leveraging the job architecture and leveling work); on an annual basis, conducting competitive benchmarking analyses
- Owning the analysis and supporting the administration of incentive plans throughout the organization (e.g., Talent Acquisition Bonus, Anniversary Bonus)
- In partnership with the Director of Compensation, driving the administration of and analyses for an annual compensation cycle
- Collaborate with our Workday, payroll, and accounting teams to administer compliant, accurate, and timely compensation tasks
- Assisting with core People Operations due diligence analyses for target acquisitions, in collaboration with Operations and M&A, to arm our teams with critical data to drive pay-related integration decisions
- Recommending enhancements to standard operating procedures for compensation processes and policies, aligning to both Thrive Pet Healthcare’s total rewards philosophy and best market practice
- Leading the analysis for ad-hoc market pricing and shift differential requests
- Owning the relationships with key compensation vendors, such as Payscale, and leading the completion of salary survey submissions
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or a related field
- A minimum of 4 years of compensation experience
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word; Workday experience highly desirable. Smartsheet’s, and PowerBI experience a plus
- Experience with designing salary structures for exempt and non-exempt employees in different geographic locations preferred
- Ability to efficiently understand large amounts of data and tell a story with data, which also requires being able to first take a step back to consider the bigger picture
- Comfort in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company, with a solutions-oriented mindset to solve unusual problems
- Self-starter with high intellect, excellent interpersonal skills, and strong organizational and time-management skills in order to prioritize competing tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills