Practice Manager - Grace Veterinary Clinic
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be a part of something great and want to lead a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent patient and customer care, this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
The Practice Manager (PM) is critical to the success of the hospital, ensuring a positive culture built on shared values and direct communication, creating operational efficiencies, and problem-solving to improve client service and employee engagement. Typically, the PM is the “Integrator” on the hospital’s accountability chart and participates in the Pathway Planning leadership meetings. The manager exercises sound judgment, and the willingness and capability to make decisions.
PM oversees the business activities of the hospital, including hiring and training hospital staff; working with Pathway finance to prepare and manage budgets; monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators; setting fees; maintaining inventory and an inventory control system; managing the hospital software, and implementing safety and security procedures.
Culture and Work Environment:
- Communicates the practice’s values and mission to the team. Motivates staff, and helps build and maintain morale.
- Upholds core values and standards.
- Holds regular staff meetings, including a component of mandatory training on standards of service and standards of care.
- Promotes a cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork.
- Is enthusiastically willing to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a unit.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement (CQI) to ensure the practice’s success and achieve the vision.
- Ability to analyze various sources of data in order to establish priorities and initiate operational programs
- Sound personal judgment in decision-making
- Capable of leading, managing, and coaching staff at all levels
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management, including hiring and firing
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Demonstrated competence in budgeting and financial reporting, including reading and analyzing a P&L statement
- Solid math and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation or equivalent work experience
- Three years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Preferred: three years or more of managing a veterinary practice.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and overtime, and to be subject to recall for business emergencies.
Why work at Grave Veterinary Clinic?
We offer a full array of veterinary services so that you can depend on us for all of your pet’s medical, dental, and surgical needs. Our entire veterinary clinic staff works as a cohesive team; and we are all truly grateful and blessed to be given the opportunity to care for all creatures, great and small. In addition to the medical care and medications we provide within our clinic, we also offer a complete online pharmacy with competitive prices on medicines, flea prevention, heartworm prevention, as well as food, toys, and more. To learn more about our practice, visit our website at https://gracepaws.com.
We offer an amazing benefits package that includes health, vision, dental, life, 401(k), paid time off, paid parental leave, generous pet benefits, and much more! Be part of a great team dedicated to helping Columbus’ pet dog and cat patients!