Veterinary Medical Director - Metropolitan Animal Emergency and Specialty Center
A quick summary about us:
We are an established 24/7 emergency hospital in the area (doors opened over 40 years ago) that is home to a staff of full and part-time veterinarians with a very low turnover. We like it here! We have a great collaborative environment with awesome support staff. We have a in-house ultrasound, digital radiology, in-house IDEXX, and Heska lab equipment as well as Smart Flow and CUBEX.
Our Ideal Medical Director:
- A strong leader who wants to continue to build a great medical team.
- A minimum of 3 years of practice experience
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess sound medical reasoning skills and strong medical ethics.
- Personable, friendly, approachable team player, and has a client-centric approach to specialty care.
What we offer you:
- Competitive compensation
- Medical director stipend
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Generous paid parental leave
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off and Paid Time Off for CEs
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
When: Our schedules are the best! Our schedules are fixed week to week meaning we do not rotate through overnights/weekends/days. This allows us time outside of work to fully live our lives.
Where: Our practice is located in Rockville, MD, a suburb of Washington, DC. Our employees live a little of everywhere - in the city, the suburbs, and in rural areas all within a commutable distance to the hospital. The area has so much to offer including all the tourist sites of the city, great food and drink, nearby outdoor activities, and easy access to mountains and beaches. There is something for everyone.
Sound interesting? If so, apply today, or email Ellen Hemm at [email protected]
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.