Emergency - ER - Veterinarian
The Animal Emergency and Referral Center of York is looking for a FULL-TIME ER Veterinarian to join our team and growing hospital.
Unique ways we can help you THRIVE!
- We offer a Veterinary-Specific EAP, with mental health support available 24/7/365 through phone, web, text, and onsite at hospitals.
- Family Planning Support through Carrot. Offering free expert advice and discount for egg freezing, IVF, donor and gestational carrier services, and adoption.
- We offer Student loan support through Tuition.io.
- Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets through Bright Horizons Whole Family Care.
- Pet Perks include free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations.
- Paid time off including parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, time off for new pet adoptions.
- Our Perks at Work Marketplace with over 30,000 discounts on everything from cars to travel to home/garden.
What WE can offer YOU!:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual discretionary fund (CE, books, fees/dues, conferences, etc)
- 401k + match
- Health/ Vision/ Dental benefits
- Part of an entire ecosystem of support including access to our Specialty, ER, UC, and other GP locations.
- Direct access to medical leadership to discuss cases and address any questions or concerns.
The Ideal Candidate:
Experienced in ER medicine, or internship trained
Interested in a team approach-we work hard and laugh often
Craves a work/life balance
A quick summary of who we are:
Our Values: Collaboration, respect, and a team approach. Our people are truly amazing. We work hard and laugh often- every employee shares this same vision.
Our Facility: We are a 24/7, AAHA accredited ER center providing services to our clientele within the community. We are looking for a Veterinarian, who has experience in ER medicine and wants to grow + evolve with us. We have a fully stocked surgical suite, in-house lab, digital radiology, and ultrasound.
Our Home: York is a growing city with a small-town ambiance. Nearby to Harrisburg, Baltimore, and Philadelphia and not too far from Atlantic City, Washington D.C., and New York. Outdoor Enthusiast? There are lots of outdoor recreational activities - nearby mountains, many lakes, and not far from the beautiful Delaware beaches. We are located near major Civil War sites, such as Gettysburg too. York is encompassed by beautiful farm country and boasts lots of farm-fresh foods, which are heavily influenced by Pennsylvania Dutch heritage.
What we're looking for in a team member:
- Loyal, passionate about emergency medicine, good with people and plays well with others
- Ability to contribute towards our growth in our ER department
- Offers excellent diagnostic abilities along with outstanding communication, for our referring Veterinarians
- Soft tissue surgical skills are a definite plus
- Dedicated and takes pride in your work, values collaboration, and uses your emotional intelligence skills
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
Apply today at the link or reach out directly at
At Thrive, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.