Veterinary Practice Manager / Director
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services is hiring a Practice Manager/Director to lead our team!
***This is an opportunity in Rochester, NY. Relocation Allowance Available***
We are a 24-hour emergency and multispecialty veterinary hospital in Rochester, NY. The Hospital Director, under direction of the regional support team, is responsible for leading the hospital in setting and achieving business, financial, and operational goals. Our team responds to a hands-on approach, the Director would be working on location five days a week, for 40 hours a week.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, parental leave, generous pet discounts, growth opportunities, and more!
Compensation: $90,000- $100,000 annually
- Communicates the practice’s values and mission to the team. Essential in motivating staff and maintaining team morale.
- Initiates and leads programs to improve revenue, client retention, and employee performance.
- Works with Operation and Finance teams in preparing and managing budgets, making informed decisions to ensure hospital meets annual revenue and EBITDA targets.
- Leads Clinical Manager team responsible for daily department operations, scheduling, and team development.
- Partners with Medical Director to grow practice through implementation of new specialty services.
- Partners in recruiting, training staff, on-boarding new employees, and noting any employee performance issues including termination.
- Accounts for an inventory control system to ensure adequate stocks of supplies are available. Plans for periodic inventory audits and counts.
- Accountable for controlled substance inventory and management.
- Supervises all maintenance activities to ensure that hospital medical standards are met.
- Promotes a client-centered environment, includes resolving challenging client problems.
- Performs Office Manager functions include planning team meetings, informing team of important details in a timely manner, and ensuring that all procedures are followed.
Knowledge or Experience in:
- Budgeting and financial reporting, reading and analyzing a P&L statement for a business generating $15 million or more.
- Multifunctional operations including budget and labor management.
- Leading, managing, and coaching of 150+ employees.
- Human Resource (HR) policies and protocol development.
- Basic computer skills, practice management software knowledge preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent work experience. Master's degree is preferred.
- 3+ years of management experience, veterinary practice management experience is preferred.
- Availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and to be subject to recall for business emergencies.