Certified Veterinary Technician Neurology (original)
Animal Medical & Surgical Center is now hiring an Experienced, Certified Veterinary Technician to join our Neurology team!
3 day work week!
We specialize in Neurology and Neurosurgery and are seeking a positive, talented, detail-oriented, and experienced player to join our outstanding team!
We promote an emotionally intelligent work environment and positive culture at our hospital. We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development as well as a consistent work/life balance with 3-day work weeks! We believe in going above and beyond to help our clients and have the support and benefits of being a part of a large network of hospitals through our parent company, Thrive Pet Healthcare.
We offer an industry-leading benefits package including anniversary bonuses up to $50k, medical, dental, & vision, paid 'purr'rental and paid parental leave, matching 401(k), PTO, generous pet benefits, and much more!
We are searching for a team player with strong veterinary technical skills, including, but not limited to:
- Excellent problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional and compassionate patient care
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and focus on client care
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiar with common disease processes that present to the neurology service with an understanding of treatments and medications associated with their care
- Strong medical math skills. (Including being able to calculate fluid rate, common CRI’s and multimodal drug infusion)
- Able to obtain Blood pressure, ECG, Sp02, and ETC02 and integrate clinical signs with disease processes to assist doctors in the early and appropriate intervention of patient care
- Comfortable utilizing digital radiography machines to acquire images using proper technique and positioning
- Prepare animals and instruments for surgery
- Provide surgical assistance and post-operative care
- Strong anesthesia / surgical monitoring skills in high-risk patients
- Interest in advanced cross-sectional imaging
- Experience in MRI and CT is highly valued, but we are also willing to train in these modalities
- Administer medications, and treatments prescribed by a veterinarian
- Venipuncture and catheter placement
• CVT required
• Possesses superior customer service skills
• Is a team player
• Has a flexible schedule
• Anesthesia experience preferred