Assistant to the Emergency Department Lead
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists is looking for a skilled Registered Veterinary Technician to be our Assistant Emergency Technician Lead!
Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists invests heavily in our employees' long-term growth and happiness and strive to provide a positive work environment and work/life balance. At Royal Vista Veterinary Specialists, we pride ourselves in providing the best benefits package in the industry which includes medical, vision, dental and life insurance, paid time off, continuing education, generous pet care discounts, 401K, and much, much, more!
As the Assistant to the Emergency Department Lead, you will be a technician on the floor and have additional duties as assigned by the department lead to assist with keeping all aspects of the emergency department running efficiently.
- Prepping the monthly technician and technician assistant schedule
- Providing training for new and current staff members as needed
- Being the weekend onsite manager, while working on the floor
- Handling conflict resolution while being the onsite manager
- Staffing coverage concerns
- Providing assistant with non-personnel related hospital issues
- Complete laboratory tests
- Assist in surgical procedures
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Professional and competent in their technical skills
- Uses multiple radiology techniques
- Broad knowledge of animal science, medicine, and husbandry
- Knowledge of pharmacology and mathematical skills to ensure the administration of accurate drug and fluid doses
- Induce and maintain animals under anesthesia
- Compassionate patient care
- Registered Veterinary Technician with Emergency Experience (or in the process of becoming an RVT under the new grandfather clause of the recent RVT state law)
Hours: Three 12-hours shifts on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday
Apply toady! We look forward to meeting you!