Petcare Hospital & Wellness Center is now hiring a Kennel Assistant to join their AMAZING team!
The ideal candidate:
- has a flexible schedule
- works well on a team
- has strong communication skills
- previous experience working with animals
- previous customer service experience
- be available 4 days a week 7:45AM - 6:15PM
We offer competitive benefits not only for you but for your pets! Full-time employees are eligible for medical/vision/dental, 401(k), paid parental (for children) and purrental (for adoption of fur babies) leave, PTO/sick time, a generous employee discount program and much more! We also honor 5 paid holidays. See our website for more information about our practice: https://petcarehospital.net/
The Kennel Attendant is responsible to ensure cleanliness and stock level of supplies within the hospital as well as maintaining laundry levels, creating surgical packs taking care of everyday needs of the guests in our doggie daycare facility, grounds, and maintenance as well as the occasionally hospital patient. The Kennel Attendant must have excellent communication skills, strong customer service skills as well as a love of animals.
- Clean runs and cages in all boarding areas multiple times daily
- Create daily care plans for doggie day care including group play time, outside potty time, feeding, and resting/napping needs
- Ensure activity information are accurately entered into Vetspire upon check-in
- Adhere to protocols to minimize risk of spread of communicable disease as instructed.
- Ensure common areas, including the outside patio, are cleaned, and maintained throughout the day by performing the following tasks; continuously monitoring and immediately cleaning up excrement, urine, or vomit; disinfection soiled area; sweeping and scrubbing the outside patio: ensuring the outside play yards are free of feces, fur, and other debris; removing trash and recyclables, etc.
- Daily ensure all guests are in Vetspire designated runs or cages update encounters
- Feed boarding pets according to owners’ instructions, as well as extra services are completed
- Follow special feeding/cleaning/care procedures as needed
- Record and report important information about pets’ condition
- always Provide compassionate care to all pets at the practice
- Prepare pets for check-out; gather personal belongings
- Laundry for the practice and care of laundry equipment washers, and dryers
- Washing boarding dishes each shift worked
- Maintain play yards, bark, hoses, nozzles, cleaning and maintenance supplies, fences, and property yard maintenance and cleaning
- Ensure that dogs are handled in a manner that maximizes staff and dog safety
- Check-In and Check-out doggie daycare guests as needed
- Ensure encounters/chart notes for the guests stay are complete and accurate
- Ensure all clients have paid before guests are released back to the owner
- Assist in taking daycare phone and in person reservations (schedule Vetspire, ensure vaccines are up to date and fecal samples have been collected
- Call other clinics for records as needed
- Assist hospital staff with animal restraint as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
Apply today! All applicants must submit a resume.