ER Veterinary Technician(Overnight Shift)
Calling all Night Owls! ACCESS Pasadena is looking for experienced veterinary technicians to join our overnight Emergency Team!
***SIGN ON BONUS!!***
At ACCESS Pasadena we aim to have the highest performing technician teams that support our collaborative work environment. We make decisions with our core values in mind: service, empathy, quality, integrity. If that aligns with your values and you bring a willingness to learn, grow, and collaborate, we're looking for you!
We understand the demands and stresses of working in an emergency environment. And we aim to support our technicians as they work hard to provide compassionate patient care and help to support our veterinarians as they provide high quality medicine. How do we do this?
Competitive pay. Our starting pay ranges from $24-$30/hr, dependent upon experience and skills assessment. Sign On Bonuses. ACCESS Pasadena is offering $1,500 sign on bonuses for our Emergency Technicians. Technician Growth. Our Level Up program ensures that you get paid for the things you learn, increasing your earning potential with each Level achieved. Industry leading benefits. We care about you and your family with benefits such as 100% paid parental leave (and purr-rental leave), mental health support, paid bereavement, financial planning assistance and educational opportunities..
Shifts needed: 9:00pm - 7:30am /Sun-Wed, shift differential of $3/hr
No two days in the Emergency department are the same, but some of your responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Obtain temperature, pulse and respiratory rates from patients with knowledge of what normal ranges are and when to alert the doctor. Understand how and why to check the mucous membranes and know what this means.
- Perform triages with an understanding of what a triage is and how to obtain a basic history from the owner. Know what triages are considered immediate.
- Perform nursing care for patients consistently evaluating the patient.
- Give accurate and detailed patient rounds.
- Patient ECG knowledge
- Perform safe patient restraint for physical exam, blood collection, IV catheter placement, abdominal ultrasound, cardiac ultrasound.
- Perform in house laboratory tests including FeLV, FIV, 4Dx, Cortisol, Parvo, CBC and Chemistries.
- Proficient in IVC placement.
veterinary technician. veterinary assistant. veterinary. animal. vet tech. registered veterinary technician. vet technician. vet assistant. rvt. animal hospital.