Patient Care Assistant
Veterinary Specialists and Emergency Services (VSES) is seeking a full time Surgery Patient Care Assistant. VSES is a 24-hour emergency and specialty veterinary hospital located in Rochester, New York.
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, generous pet discounts, and more!
Our Ideal Candidate:
An experienced Veterinary Assistant or Animal Care Assistant who is highly motivated, pays great attention to detail, able to work in a team environment, and work in a fast-paced environment. This is a full-time position, so our ideal candidate will be able to work between 30- 40 hours a week, which will include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Providing quality, compassionate care to all patients.
- Communicating with clients/ educating clients on medical procedures and next steps.
- Demonstrating knowledge and capability to educate clients regarding hospital protocols, wellness, preventatives, nutrition, available services, recommendations, and processes and procedures.
- Accurately utilizing a computer information system (CIS) to record patient history information, update and maintain patient records, and process client payments as necessary.
- Demonstrating the ability to triage situations and advise clients regarding recommendations for appointments. Answers call promptly, courteously, and professionally, directing inquiries where appropriate and relaying accurate information on messages.
- Assisting DVMs and LVTs in appointments with patient restraint.
- Precisely dispenses pharmaceuticals as required.
- Stocks exam room and treatment room supplies and waiting room displays; and maintains proper disinfection/cleanliness of treatment, x-ray, surgery, labs, isolation wards, and all client areas.
- Assisting with after care of patients.
- At least 1 year of experience as an animal attendant or veterinary assistant.
- Experience in medical record documentation using medical terminology appropriately.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, position requires squatting, reaching, standing and walking throughout the day.