Lead Veterinary Technician
Canyon Creek Pet Hospital is seeking a Lead Veterinary Technician to join their team!
Canyon Creek Pet Hospital invests heavily in our teams' growth and development. We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance, 4 day work week! At Canyon Creek Pet Hospital, we pride ourselves in providing the best benefits package in the industry which includes: health, life, vision, dental, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k), paid parental leave, quarterly bonus program, impressive pet benefits, and much more!
The Lead Veterinary Technician provides guidance, trains, supervises and assists other technicians and assistants to plan, coordinate and perform a variety of duties concerned with animal health and client education, and to promote greater efficiency by relieving veterinarians of technical work and administrative detail. This position also encompasses all the duties of the veterinary technician.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Exercises considerable judgement in managing all technical staff, ensuring a high quantity and quality of patient care and medical support to veterinarians.
- Act as a role model in demonstrating hospital values
- Collaborate with the medical director, practice manager, associate veterinarians, and/or other leads to foster teamwork and facilitate a productive, professional working environment.
- Demonstrate leadership characteristics
- Display a commitment to developing both supervisory and staff's skills
- Maintain regular, reliable, and flexible attendance
- Understands and consistently applies policies and practices.
- Animal Handling
- Pre- and post-operative patient care
- Creating and presenting financial options and estimates
- Accurately entering service charges into client processing database
- Extensive client interaction
- Preparing medications
- Taking X-Rays of animals
- Administering medications, vaccines, and treatments prescribed by our in-house veterinarians.
- Drawing blood samples for testing
- Veterinary Technician expereince, RVT preferred
- Supervisory experience preferred
- Willing to train and support tech team
- Skills – Proven leadership and communications skills, exceptional customer service
We look forward to meeting you! Apply today!