Urgent Care Veterinarian
Urgent Care Veterinarians needed to join our team at Thrive Pet Healthcare at our new hospital opening in San Marcos, California. If you want to practice in a BEAUTIFUL BRAND-NEW HOSPITAL with brand-new equipment, and an experienced team, this is the place for you!
We are excited to open our new urgent care location to support pet parents and ER hospitals in San Marcos, California. This is a fantastic opportunity for either a general practitioner who wants to see more complicated cases OR for an emergency veterinarian who is looking for more routine hours and a less hectic workload.
Our goal is to relieve pressure from our local and busy ER hospitals, help our referring veterinary community, and provide exceptional service to pet parents. In this position you will make a positive impact on your patients, clients and colleague’s lives!
- Minor emergencies that are not life-threatening such as lacerations, limping/painful pets, hypersensitivity reactions, vomiting and/or diarrhea without significant dehydration, ear infections causing discomfort, urinary tract infections, non-obstructed FLUTD/FUS patients, etc.
- Cases that are referred to by general practice veterinarians because they are unable to see them in a timely manner and fit within the scope of care we provide.
Now, what about YOU?
- Loyal, passionate about great patient care, good with people and plays well with others.
- Exemplifies our guiding principles: Quality, Integrity, Compassion and Service.
- Strong communicator, team-player mentality, and values collaboration.
- Internship trained and/or experience in either GP or ER hospitals is preferred; an openness to continuous learning is a must!
What we offer you:
- Competitive Compensation with Base Salary, Production, and no Negative Accrual
- 120 hours annual PTO
- 40 hours additional PTO for CE
- $3,500 annual CE allowance for licenses, dues, conference expenses
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, Vision)
- 401K+ match
- 8 weeks Paid Parental Leave
- Employer paid purr-rental leave (3 days of PTO for the adoption of a rescue pet)
- Generous pet care discounts for your furry family members
- Employer paid assistance programs to aid in mental wellbeing
- Advanced Career Path Opportunities
Our Hospital Location:
San Marcos works diligently to maintain its low crime rate and consistently ranks as one of the safest cities in California. It sits 6 miles from the ocean, offering residents an urban suburban mix, with lots of coffee shops and parks. There are many families and young professionals who live in San Marcos, and it's a great place to live and practice veterinary medicine.
Don't miss out on this great Urgent Care opportunity! Contact Stephanie Ramos at [email protected]
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
Compensation negotiable based on credentials and experience with an annual salary range starting at $90,000 - $130,000 / year. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.