Veterinary Hospital Director - NOT POSTED
Thrive Pet Healthcare is looking for a Veterinary Hospital Director to join our team at Saint Francis Veterinary Specialists in the Atlanta Georgia area!
If you are interested in a unique opportunity to be a part of something great and want to lead a team of professionals dedicated to providing excellent patient and customer care, this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
The Hospital Administrator is critical to the success of the hospital, ensuring a positive culture built on shared values and direct communication, creating operational efficiencies, and problem-solving to improve client service and employee engagement. Typically, the HA is the “Integrator” on the hospital’s accountability chart and participates in the Thrive Planning leadership meetings. The manager exercises sound judgment, and the willingness and capability to make decisions.
The HA oversees the business activities of the hospital, including hiring and training hospital staff; working with Thrive finance to prepare and manage budgets; monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators; setting fees; maintaining inventory and an inventory control system; managing the hospital software, and implementing safety and security procedures.
Who you are:
- A proven leader with 3+ years leading a team of over 100 employees.
- Currently responsible for the operations management of an organization generating $10M+ in revenue.
- Familiar with veterinary or human healthcare.
- A visionary who is constantly striving to find new solutions.
- An empathetic leader who can connect with board certified veterinarians as easily as you can connect with client care representatives.
- An expert with P&L management.
What you will do:
- Oversee the management and reporting of hospital performance and statistics.
- Ensure short- and long-range objectives and work plans are fulfilled in order to meet benchmarks and deadlines.
- Work with direct reports and others to plan, manage, organize, implement and evaluate programs, services, activities and procedures on an ongoing basis.
- Implement and lead a continuous quality improvement process.
- Drive collaboration to ensure consistent services and guest experience is offered across the practice in all departments.
- Create and identify new ideas and opportunities for the hospital that will promote staff and client experiences as well as improve the quality of life for animals in our care.
- Motivate and coach to lead a high performing management team; attract, recruit, develop and retain team members.
- Partner with the DOE (Director of Ecosystem) to:
- Provide leadership in developing standards of care, operation, and financial plans, as well as implementing policies and procedures.
- Keep DOE fully informed on the physical condition of and other important factors affecting the hospital facility & hospital team.
- Support and inform the DOE of successes and challenges related to hospital operations (DVM recruiting, union activity, labor, employee engagement, and more).
- Serve as a liaison between DOE, staff and other executives by responding to inquiries, attending meetings, and providing coaching on behalf of the DOE
Culture and Work Environment:
- Communicates the practice’s values and mission to the team. Motivates staff and helps build and maintain morale.
- Upholds core values and standards.
- Holds regular staff meetings, including a component of mandatory training on standards of service and standards of care.
- Promotes a cooperative working environment among staff members; understands the value of teamwork.
- Is enthusiastically willing to perform as necessary to help the hospital function as a unit.
- Promotes continuous quality improvement (CQI) to ensure the practice’s success and achieve the vision.
- Ability to analyze various sources of data in order to establish priorities and initiate operational programs
- Sound personal judgment in decision-making
- Capable of leading, managing, and coaching staff at all levels
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management, including hiring and firing
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Demonstrated competence in budgeting and financial reporting, including reading and analyzing a P&L statement
- Solid math and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Certified Veterinary Practice Manager designation or equivalent work experience preferred
- Required: Three years of supervisory experience.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
- Preferred: MBA or MPH
- Preferred: three years or more of managing a veterinary practice or hospital medical setting
- Preferred: Labor Union experience
Compensation: The starting salary is determined by your related education and experience.
We promote an emotionally intelligent work environment and promote a positive work/life balance! We offer an amazing benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off, as well as pet benefits!