$5000 Sign-On Bonus!!
Village Veterinary Medical Center is looking for a full-time Veterinary Technician to join our outstanding team!
The ideal candidate:
- LVT preferred
- Proactive team player
- Friendly and outgoing personality
- Dependable and reliable
- Punctual with open availability including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment with the ability to perform under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- Able to stand for long periods of time, lift up to 50lbs and tolerate a physically demanding job.
- Minimum of 3 years veterinary experience required, must have dental prophylaxis experience.
We are seeking a full-time Veterinary Technician to join our outstanding team! Must be able to perform under pressure, in a fast-paced environment, and work well independently as well as on a team. Attention to detail is a must.
Job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist veterinarians in providing care for patients including appointments, surgeries, supportive care, and diagnostics
- Perform safe restraint techniques
- Obtain patient histories and maintain accurate and comprehensive medical records
- Blood draw
- IV catheter placement
- Drug calculations
- Anesthesia monitoring
- Dental prophylaxis
- Laboratory duties; fecal exam, urinalysis, run blood-work and prepare samples.
- Monitor hospitalized patients
- Admit and discharge patients
- Client communication and education
- Prepare and administer vaccines and medications
- Maintain cleanliness of hospital and grounds
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Computer experience is required
- Ability to multi-task and be proactive
- Ability to triage, prioritize and possess excellent time management skills.
- Close attention to detail is crucial
- Ability to communicate with staff and clients in a professional and respectful manner
Why work for Village Veterinary Medical Center?
We are a fast-paced, state-of-the-art AAHA-accredited hospital in West Knoxville, located near lots of shopping and beautiful parks. We are committed to providing the highest quality of care to our patients and superior customer service to their owners.
We offer competitive pay and an exceptional benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, life, 401k, paid time off, and pet benefits!