Veterinary Technician (Licensed) - Alpine Animal Hospital
Alpine Animal Hospital is seeking a Full Time Veterinary Technician to join our AAHA-accredited small animal General Practice!
Serving Issaquah and the surrounding communities for over 30 years, Alpine Animal Hospital is a well-established practice dedicated to providing exceptional veterinary care and outstanding customer service. Our hospital provides a wide range of diagnostic capabilities, including full in-house laboratory, digital radiology, ECG and on-site ultrasound.
Our LVT Nurses are responsible for patient care in the following capacities: facilitating outpatient treatments, performing laboratory tests, surgery prep and assistance, anesthesia monitoring and recovery, triaging, admitting and discharging patients, client communication and education.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Knowledge of basic veterinary practices, procedures and terminology
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to appropriately handle, lift and restrain animals
- Ability to perform veterinary medical procedures (i.e. venipuncture, radiology, IV catheter placement, drug calculations, fluid and medication administration, and ability to assess patients)
- Possess basic organizational and computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Any allergies to animals must be controllable through medication
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds, walk, bend, stand and reach constantly during a minimum 8-hour day
- WA State LVT license required
- At least 1 year of recent experience in a veterinary practice preferred
If you are looking for an opportunity to be part a fun and dynamic team – look no further! We invest in our team members by offering a competitive salary with a generous benefits package including: comprehensive health insurance including dental, vision and employer paid life insurance, 401K, paid time off, continuing education, uniforms and an amazing pet care discount.
Interested applicants please send your resume and cover letter stating why you would be a great addition to our team.