Why work at Leesburg Veterinary Hospital? Because "caring is what we do best!" We are seeking caring and high-quality individuals to add to our fantastic team and fast-paced hospital. We strive to make our hospital a happy and comfortable place for our team, with great attention to work-life balance and personal development. At Leesburg Veterinary Hospital, we've also created a place where pets and their people know they will receive quality care. As an AAHA accredited, Cat Friendly Gold practice, with Fear Free trained staff and doctors, we pride ourselves on providing high-quality care. We treat patients with the latest in veterinary medicine and clients with the best in customer service. Are you the teammate we've been looking for?
Please go to www.leesburgvet.com or call 703-777-3313 for more information about our team and the services we offer.
The Practice Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Practice manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high-quality patient care and exceptional customer service.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian and Director of Operations to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or a related degree is preferred.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
- Management experience required, preferably in the veterinary industry.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem-solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
We offer an incredible benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, 401k, life, and paid time off. We also offer an amazing pet benefits package as well. Apply today!!