Emergency Weekend Overnight Veterinary Technician
Heart of Texas Veterinary ER & Specialty Center located in Round Rock, TX is immediately hiring for an Emergency Veterinary Technician to join our team!
Schedule for this position is a full-time overnight shift from 7PM-7:30 AM Saturday Sunday, Monday 3 day work week! SIGN ON BONUS AVAILABLE
More than a word, care is present in everything you do. At Heart of Texas Veterinary ER & Specialty Center we take action to empower your best care for pets, their families, and yourself.
We are a community of 400 clinics forming an extraordinary network of unparalleled resources and people. Through outstanding learning and career options, comprehensive benefits, and abundant support, you’ll be nurtured and appreciated for who you are and what you bring to the table. We come together in both the joys and heartaches of our profession to lift each other up through laughter and empathy.
And, we have plenty of fun along the way!
Who we are
At Heart of Texas Veterinary ER & Specialty Center you’ll feel the warmth and openness of a small clinic, while having the opportunity and support of a united network.
Heart of Texas Veterinary ER & Specialty Center is a 24 hour emergency and specialty referral hospital that invests heavily in our teams' growth and development. We pride ourselves on providing the Round Rock area with compassionate and quality emergency, and specialty care including surgery, internal medicine and oncology. We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance.
Provide your best care with more bridges and less barriers.
Emergency Veterinary Technicians perform a variety of animal-health duties and ensure quality pet and client care. The Inpatient Technician should be proficient in inpatient duties including but not limited to: Triage, patient monitoring, venipuncture, patient recovery and medical math. The ideal candidate will have a working knowledge of emergency, critical care, surgical and laboratory techniques and remain calm during stressful situations.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Strong veterinary skills
- Able to appropriately handle animals
- Able to assist in veterinary medical procedures
- Recent experience in a veterinary practice
- Willing to work weekends, evenings, and holidays
- At least 3 years recent experience in veterinary practice
- Ability to perform routine veterinary medical procedures
- Patient care experience required
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills
- High school diploma or GED
- Veterinary Technician license is preferred
You’ll Grow With Us
Here, you can grow your career as best fits you through access to comprehensive learning and skillset programs. You can build your skills and earn credentials through:
● Our vast, diverse, and free library of continuing education courses - ThriveU
● Live, virtual interactive workshops to develop valuable leadership skills
● A program to designed to teach you the fundamentals of running a pet hospital
● Earn your AVMA-CVTEA Accreditation and become a Vet Tech through our fully accredited distance learning program for veterinary technicians
● Scholarship opportunities and tuition reimbursement
And, with so many locations nationwide, you can find and move into any specialty, hospital type, or environment. Join us and provide your best care at a clinic that is deeply rooted within its community and bolstered by the resources of Thrive Pet Healthcare.
Benefits – our care in action
We provide benefits spread comprehensively across your mental, physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing designed to meet your needs as a unique individual. Some key benefits include:
● Paid time off including 8-weeks of full-pay parental leave, bereavement to grieve both humans and pets, and time off for new pet adoptions
● Top quality medical, dental, and vision insurance plus health savings account and flexible spending account
● Pet perks including free exams, discounts on products and services, and more at all Thrive Pet Healthcare locations
● Generously subsidized backup and ongoing care support for children, adults, and pets
● Mental health benefits including coaching and therapy sessions
● 401k with employer contribution and no waiting period
● Continuing education and development support through our library of free CE courses and paid time off to complete
● Scholarship opportunities and student loan support program
and so much more!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.