Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
Rochester Community Animal Clinic (RCAC) is seeking a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team!
Generous Sign on Bonus
Compensation: $21-25/ hour
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, parental leave, generous pet discounts, and more!
Our Ideal Candidate:
An individual who is passionate about animal care, highly motivated, able to work in a fast pace environment, and pays attention to detail. Our Licensed Veterinary Technicians (LVTs) are the heartbeat of our team and work side-by-side with our Veterinarians (DVMs) during procedures. Our hospital is a focused on affordable wellness checks, vaccines services, and spay and neuter procedures. A full-time position would require working between 30-40 hours a week, Mondays-Fridays only—NO weekend or evening hours required!
- Assisting DVMs by restraining animals, prepping patients for surgery, conducting routine lab tests, administering and monitoring anesthesia, and monitoring post-operative recovery.
- Maintaining medical records and communicating with clients on their pets’ medical procedures.
- Educating clients on animal care, vaccines, flea, and heartworm products, etc.
- Dispensing and administering medications, vaccines, serums, and treatments as prescribed.
- Maintaining equipment such as anesthetic machines/monitors and autoclaves.
- Maintaining inventory of pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies.
- Monitoring and assessing patient’s status
- Collecting blood and other samples for testing
- Placing catheters
- Administering medication
- Providing sedation for surgical procedures
- Performing postoperative nursing care, including pain management.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology is required.
- Valid New York State Veterinary Technology license is required.
- Previous veterinary experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and endure kneeling, squatting, standing, and bending for extended periods.