Workday Systems Analyst (Austin, TX or Remote)
Founded in 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400 primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US, including 100 THRIVE clinics. We are committed to creating the world's most trusted, innovative, and connected ecosystem for pet care that comprehensively serves the needs of veterinary caregivers, pets, and people who love them.
Our Belief: We believe that that the pets who bring wellness and joy to all of us deserve exceptional care from people and professionals who are loved, respected, and thriving too.
Our Mission: To nurture pets and their families through meaningful relationships and exceptional pet care. We aim to create the world’s most trusted, innovative and connected pet healthcare ecosystem.
Genuine care is at the heart of everything we do. Whether we are taking care of pets or people who care for pets.
We lead the industry with empathy and continue to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical wellbeing programs.
The Workday Systems Analyst works on the Workday platform, and is primarily responsible for data integrity, particularly in the Financials, Expenses and Procurement modules. In addition, this role is involved in proposing features, changes, and improvements to ensure capabilities to fulﬁll the needs of the organization. Focus is on continuous improvement while maintaining the integrity of existing structure, security, and data. Additionally, Thrive Pet Healthcare's significant investment in the Workday platform provides ample opportunity for role expansion, training (both formal and on-the-job), and career advancement for the right applicant.
- Partner with Supply Chain, Operations, and Finance on cross-functional projects
- Build and load data files using Workday’s Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB), which requires significant analytic skills and attention to detail to ensure data integrity
- Troubleshoot system issues including error messages, data issues and process failures
- Champion Workday initiatives and promote the use and standardization of Workday technology across the organization
- Maintain eﬀective working relationships with both internal and external customers and vendor partners in support of cost-eﬀective, long-term solutions
- Assist in gathering and documenting business requirements and speciﬁcations and assists in completing testing as needed
- Understand and support integrations which transfer data between other applications
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) and explain reasoning behind processes performed by users to help their understanding.
- Document reporting needs; look for opportunities to develop and streamline reporting; work with IT and end users to allow more self-service reporting; train users as needed.
- Provide progress reports and coordinate meetings to inform
- Work closely with other members of the Workday Practice to coordinate efforts and ensure efficiency and integrity
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Strong team-building and cross-functional collaboration skills
- Detail-oriented and hands-on
- Exceptional problem solving and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and handle multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
- 2+ years working in either an accounting/finance capacity or a similar systems support role
- 2+ years of experience working with ERP solutions and data analytics, especially Workday
- Ability to maintain conﬁdentiality and data accuracy when handling sensitive employee information
- Advanced proﬁciency in Excel
- Working knowledge of PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Visio are a plus