Veterinary Practice Manager
Thrive Pet Healthcare Urgent Care is seeking a Veterinary Practice Manager to lead our team in San Marcos!
We offer an incredible benefits package as part of Thrive Pet Healthcare including health, vision, & dental, paid parental leave, matching 401(k), PTO, generous pet care discounts, and much more!
Qualifications and Requirements –
- 3+ years of hospital management or Supervisory experience Veterinary Medicine.
- RVT preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Sound personal judgment in decision-making.
- Capable of leading, managing, and coaching staff at all levels.
- Demonstrated competence in all aspects of staff management, including hiring and coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to show empathy toward clients and treat animals with respect and compassion.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- A commitment to outstanding client service.
- Solid math and Excel/spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to lift objects weighing 40 pounds without assistance and objects weighing more than 40 pounds with assistance.
- Availability to occasionally work uncommon hours and overtime, and to be subject to recall for business emergencies.
Compensation: $65-$72k and negotiable based on credentials and experience. The actual rate offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
The Practice Manager (PM) is critical to the success of the hospital, ensuring a positive culture built on shared values and direct communication, creating operational efficiencies, and problem solving to improve client service and employee engagement. Typically, the PM is the “Integrator” on the hospital’s accountability chart and participates in leadership meetings.
Key to the PM’s role is the ability to create and maintain a positive culture and work environment. This person is creative yet able to develop and implement practical programs. The manager exercises sound judgment, and the willingness and capability to make decisions.
The PM oversees the business activities of the hospital. These duties include hiring and training hospital staff; working with finance to prepare and manage budgets; monitoring and analyzing key performance indicators; setting fees; maintaining inventory and an inventory control system; managing the hospital software; and implementing safety and security procedures.
Interested in learning more? Apply today - we look forward to speaking with you!