Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT)
Perinton Veterinary Hospital is seeking a full-time Licensed Veterinary Technician (LVT) to join our growing team!
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, parental leave, generous pet discounts, and more!
Our Ideal Candidate:
An individual who is passionate about animal care, highly motivated, and pays attention to detail. Our Licensed Veterinary Technicians are the heartbeat of our team and work side by side our Veterinarians (DVMs) during procedures. Both experienced LVTs and new graduates are welcome! A full-time position would require working between 30-40 hours a week, which include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Assisting DVMs during procedures by restraining animals, conducting tests, monitoring vitals, and administering medications.
- Maintaining medical records and communicating with clients on their pets' medical procedures, including next steps.
- Maintaining treatment room, including maintenance of equipment such as anesthetic machines/ monitors, x-ray machines, dental, and autoclaving equipment.
- Must be comfortable and confident handling large animals.
- Monitoring and assessing patient’s status
- Collecting blood and other samples for testing
- Placing catheters
- Administering medication
- Providing sedation for diagnostic procedures
- Feeding patient through peg-tube and Naso-gastric tubes
- Performing postoperative nursing care, including pain management.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology is required.
- Valid New York State Veterinary Technology license is required.
- Previous veterinary experience is preferred, however not required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, squatting, reach, standing, and walking throughout the day.