Director of Veterinary Emergency Services
ER Veterinarian leader
The Pet Emergency & Specialty Center in San Diego is looking to add a Director of Emergency Services at our progressive Multi-Specialty & ER Hospital. The PESC is located in La Mesa, an independent city within the San Diego area. Additionally, we have a 24/7 ER/Critical Care facility located in Chula Vista/Southern San Diego.
Our practice has been an integral part of the San Diego community and have been providing high quality care and medicine to our clients and pets for the past 20 + years. We offer a friendly and collaborative environment and enjoy a special camaraderie among doctors as well with all our staff. We are looking for a talented Doctor to join our team, who is passionate about providing incredible service to our devoted client base, and someone who will embody our philosophy of promoting excellence in medicine and service to our clients, referring veterinarians and each other.
The Ideal Director of Emergency Services:
- Ability to perform, or a desire to be trained in standard emergency surgeries required.
- Collaborative approach with staff and specialty services; receive specialty cases as needed.
- Assist Intern Coordinator manage interns ER schedule and mentorship
- Motivated to meet and exceed the established standards of care.
- Concerned that all patients and clients are treated with care and compassion.
- Focused on excellence in service and communication for our referring veterinarians.
Who we are:
- We are a 24/7 Multi-Specialty & ER Hospital that offers services in Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Surgery, ER/Critical Care, Oncology, and Exotics and Ophthalmology
- We offer a positive, collaborative, and friendly work environment.
- We value colleagues who work well with others and genuinely enjoy interacting with clients and referring Veterinarians.
- We have an extensive support network and are excited to help the right individual develop and advance professionally.
Pet Emergency Specialty Center is part of Thrive Pet Healthcare and proud to offer industry-leading support for our team members:
- Competitive compensation
- Relocation Assistance Package
- Health benefits (vision/dental/life insurance too)
- Annual CE Stipend and more!
- 401k w/ employer match
- Annual Paid Time Off
- Additional family & furry care support options, including veterinary care discounts.
Outside of work, there’s so much to do in San Diego and the surrounding areas. The hospital is in a great location close to beaches and downtown, 15-30 minutes from great mountain-hiking, biking and horseback riding, and driving distance to ski resorts. This is the heart of the Southern California lifestyle: no sport, hobby or professional/personal interest is out of reach. We want our team to enjoy life outside of work and San Diego is an amazing place to do that.
You take great care of Animals. We take great care of YOU!
At Thrive Pet Healthcare, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.
dvm, veterinarian, er veterinarian, emergency veterinarian