ACCESS San Fernando Valley is seeking a Financial Coordinator to join our team!
We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, paid parental leave, matching 401(k), paid time off, continuing education, generous pet discounts, and much more!
Hourly Rate of compensation - $22 - $23 hr depending upon experience
Shifts: 4/10 hr shifts
- Enter charges for all non-procedural treatments and services for all hospitalized patients
- Provide daily financial updates to clients for all hospitalized patients, facilitate additional payments as needed
- Audit and reporting of daily A/R
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review Patient Hospitalization Invoices for any billing discrepancies
- Compare Patient Treatment sheet to Invoice to insure there are no inconsistencies
- Review Patient Treatment sheets for any treatment errors
- If a patient was admitted on the overnight, make sure all charges are in and that all charges are entered appropriately. Confirm that every doctor on the case has received appropriate credit under his/her shift
- For continued hospitalized patients, enter all current day and upcoming expected (through overnight)/ordered treatments and services. At end of shift review charges for any updates based on changes in treatment plans etc
- Inform Doctor’s Assistant and Doctor when patient invoice is overestimate
- Call all hospitalized patients’ owners daily with financial update for their pets. Refer medical update requests and treatment plan discussions to appropriate doctor or doctor’s assistant.
- Record all communications with owners regarding financial matters in the practice management software
- The Charge Coordinator position requires knowledge of:
- Standard medical and business abbreviations
- Proper medical terminology
- Ability to handle stress and pressure with poise and tact
- Ability to perform job tasks efficiently without rushing
- Ability to maintain a list of tasks and engage in productive work during slow periods
- Ability and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality regarding clients and patients for whom the practice provides veterinary services.
• May need to stand and walk around the hospital for an extended period of time to facilitate client
• Must be able to sit for an extended period of time
• Excellent hearing and listening skills required
We look forward to hearing from you, apply today!