University of Illinois Veterinary Medicine - Student Ambassador Pathway & THRIVE
University of Illinois Veterinary Medicine - Student Ambassador
Pathway & THRIVE
We want YOU! Our Student Ambassador will engage and educate veterinary students at University of Illinois CVM. This student serves as the first line of communication between our company and the veterinary students and faculty at your school. The role involves hosting educational & networking events, emailing the student body, etc. Our goal is to highlight how Pathway & THRIVE support veterinarians to practice best medicine in a positive environment, with a balanced life.
- With students and faculty: send emails to student body and faculty with invitations to lunch or dinner meetings, updates on wellness and networking events, externships, internships and jobs openings.
- With Pathway & Thrive: keep up-to-date with the organizations’ news and initiatives.
- Coordinate meetings and networking events.
- Ex- 4th year dinner, lunch meeting for all students, happy hour, interviews.
- Student engagement
- Pass out company brochures and promotional items, and answer questions about the companies.
- Recruit 1-4VM Externs, 4th year interviewees, and potential Interns.
- Compensation and time commitment:
- $2,500/year + membership to IGNITE Intranet.
- One-year commitment, unless otherwise agreed – June 1st through May 31st.
- Open to 2nd or 3rd year vet students.
Please email Paige Sandifer (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions. Apply here:
- A short questionnaire.
- Your résumé and/or LinkedIn profile.
- Once the questionnaire is submitted, you will be prompted to complete a 1-2-minute video about why you would enjoy being a Pathway & THRIVE Student Ambassador.
- Please apply by 7/31/2021.
You take care of pets.
We take care of you.
ABOUT PATHWAY VET ALLIANCE – www.pathwayvets.com
Pathway’s mission is for its team members to be ‘Change Agents for Good,’ who support people doing what they love, so together, we can transform the veterinary industry - and the world - for the better. Pathway grows by finding practices and doctors that seek opportunities to expand. We provide personalized management support to help them focus on delivering the best possible care to their patients and clients. What makes us different? We don’t rebrand. We do focus on the unique needs of each practice and partner with them to implement their vision without compromising their history, values and local relationships.
- Diverse nationwide network of hospitals
- General Practice, Emergency, Multi-specialty, and Mixed Animal practices
- Collectively work as a team & independently practice medicine as doctors
- Emotionally intelligent, collaborative culture that supports your success
ABOUT THRIVE AFFORDABLE VET CARE – www.thrivevet.com
At THRIVE, our purpose, our “Why” is keeping pets healthy so they can THRIVE. THRIVE is a bold new veterinary healthcare organization that is challenging the status quo by creating innovative unique experiences for both its clients and its team members. Our emphasis is always on quality healthcare, but our goal is to make this level of care affordable for all pet owners. If you’ve always wanted to find an employer who cherishes medical excellence, celebrates and rewards employee contributions, encourages new ideas & sense of humor, and is committed to creating a positive client and employee experience, THRIVE is for you.
- Quality medicine first
- Preventative Care caseload is challenging and diverse and includes radiology, diagnostics, and surgery
- Fast paced, fun, and friendly work environment!
- Call center to help our team focus on patient care instead of phones
THE INDUSTRY’S EMPLOYERS OF CHOICE
Benefits for veterinarians at Pathway and THRIVE:
- Competitive salary and opportunity for production bonus
- Veterinary Incentive Plan
- No negative accrual
- 120 hours PTO annually
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
- 401k w/ Employer match
- 8 weeks parental leave – full pay
- Support for family care – children, parents, pets & self
- Student loan repayment support
- Annual CE allowance for CE, licenses, and dues.
- Extensive career path opportunities
At Pathway & THRIVE, we celebrate and embrace the uniqueness and diversity of all of our team members, pet parents, and pets. We strive to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture where all team members belong and feel empowered.