San Jose Animal Hospital invests heavily in our teams' growth and development. We provide an emotionally intelligent work environment and strive to maintain a positive work/life balance. At San Jose Animal Hospital, we pride ourselves in providing the best benefits package in the industry which includes: health, life, vision, dental, PTO, paid holidays, 401(k), paid parental leave, quarterly bonus program, impressive pet benefits, and much more!
The Veterinary Assistant role is an integral part of our hospital. The Veterinary Assistant works closely with the receptionists, technicians, and veterinarians to keep all appointments on schedule.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has love for cats and dogs
- Has a willingness to learn and further your skillset
- Has experience working with animals
Job duties include:
- Assist veterinarians and technicians in the care of animals
- Restrain pets
- Perform nail trims
- Maintain and utilize laboratory equipment and tests
- Light kennel duties
- Scheduling appointments
- Checking patients in and out
- Love for animals
- Understanding of animal behaviors
- Exceptional communication with coworkers and clients
- Attention to detail
- Minimum 1 year working with cats and dogs (preferably in a veterinary setting)
We invest heavily in our employees with many opportunities for growth and development! We offer outstanding benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, paid time off, continuing education, generous pet discounts and much more!
Apply Today! We look forward to hearing from you!