Licensed Veterinary Technician
Rochester Community Animal Clinic (RCAC) is seeking a part time Licensed Veterinary Technician to join our growing team!
We offer an AMAZING benefits package—which includes 401k, paid continuing education, student loan support, mental health and family support sessions, generous pet discounts, and more!
Our Ideal Candidate:
An individual who is passionate about animal care, highly motivated, able to work in a fast pace environment, and pays attention to detail. Our Licensed Veterinary Technicians (LVTs) are the heartbeat of our team and work side-by-side with our Veterinarians (DVMs) during procedures. Our hospital is a focused on affordable wellness checks, vaccines services, and spay and neuter procedures. A part-time position would require working between 10-20 hours a week, Mondays-Fridays only—NO weekend or evening hours required!
- Assisting DVMs by restraining animals, prepping patients for surgery, conducting routine lab tests, administering and monitoring anesthesia, and monitoring post-operative recovery.
- Maintaining medical records and communicating with clients on their pets’ medical procedures.
- Educating clients on animal care, vaccines, flea, and heartworm products, etc.
- Dispensing and administering medications, vaccines, serums, and treatments as prescribed.
- Maintaining equipment such as anesthetic machines/monitors and autoclaves.
- Maintaining inventory of pharmaceuticals, equipment, and supplies.
- Monitoring and assessing patient’s status
- Collecting blood and other samples for testing
- Placing catheters
- Administering medication
- Providing sedation for surgical procedures
- Performing postoperative nursing care, including pain management.
- Associates Degree in Veterinary Technology is required.
- Valid New York State Veterinary Technology license is required.
- Previous veterinary experience is preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and endure kneeling, squatting, standing, and bending for extended periods.