Licensed Veterinary Technician
Our Ideal Candidate:
An individual who is passionate about animal care, highly motivated, and pays attention to detail. Our Veterinary Technicians are the heartbeat of our team and work side by side our Veterinarians (DVMs) during procedures. A full-time position would require working between 30-40 hours a week, which include a combination of day, evening, weekend, and holiday shifts.
- Assisting DVMs during procedures by restraining animals, conducting tests, monitoring vitals, and administering medications.
- Maintaining medical records and communicating with clients on their pets' medical procedures, including next steps.
- Maintaining treatment room, including maintenance of equipment such as anesthetic machines/ monitors, x-ray machines, dental, and autoclaving equipment.
- Must be comfortable and confident handling large dogs.
- Monitoring and assessing patient’s status
- Collecting blood and other samples for testing
- Placing catheters
- Administering medication
- Taking digital radiographs (x-rays)
- Providing sedation for diagnostic procedures
- Performing postoperative nursing care, including pain management.
- Previous veterinary experience is required.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, squatting, reach, standing, and walking throughout the day.
Compensation: Starting rate ranges from $19 - $25/hour. Compensation will be decided on based on a combination of things such as skills, experience, etc.
Take a peek at our website to see just how fun and rewarding working with us will be:https://www.centerforveterinarycare.com/
We offer an AMAZING benefits package- which includes paid time off, 401k, medical/dental/vision insurance, HSA and FSA available, mental health support, parental leave, generous pet discounts, and more!