Director, Regional Operations- NC/SC
The Director, of Regional Operations NC/SC will support one or more geographic markets (“ecosystem”) of Thrive Pet Healthcare hospitals and will strive to identify synergies and foster alignment/collaboration across all the veterinary hospitals within the ecosystem(s). Ecosystems include all Thrive Pet Healthcare market segments including affordable care and general practice (GP), multispecialty/specialty, and boutique specialty. This individual must live or relocate to Raleigh, NC, or Columbia, SC
Reporting to the VP of Operations; the Director or Regional Operations- NC/SC also will work with the group’s integration manager(s) to on-board new practices, help develop short- and long-term objectives for new onboarding practices and help make the transition as smooth as possible. The role of Director or Regional Operations- NC/SC requires frequent and consistent visits to hospital sites - managing hospital leadership, teams, individuals, and clinical performance within the four walls of the hospitals within the ecosystem(s).
The job responsibilities of the Director or Regional Operations- NC/SC can be grouped into four categories and their principal accountabilities; inclusive but not limited to the below:
People, Team, and Hospital Culture:
- Build relationships with all members of the ecosystem and local hospital teams to promote and support a positive team culture.
- Mentor, coach, and establish expectations with the ecosystem’s hospital leadership teams (including recommendations for staff training and development).
- Collaborate with People Operations to align strategy in recruiting, retention, learning, and change management (and all human resource-related aspects).
- Execute team-focused hospital visits that allow staff members to share feedback and concerns.
- Active participation and collaboration in all Thrive Pet Healthcare support office-driven initiatives.
Experience Management (Client Experience, Marketing & Client Relations):
The Client and Patient Experience
- Engage with hospital teams to gain a strong knowledge of the local market.
- Support the marketing department in developing a marketing strategy targeted at the ecosystem and hospital needs and demands.
- Support the promotion of the Thrive Pet Healthcare membership plan(s) within the ecosystem.
The Hospital Experience
- Create a positive experience throughout all client and patient touchpoints throughout the ecosystem.
- Ensure the entire facility is maintained to provide a clean and safe environment for hospital staff, clients, and patients within the ecosystem.
- Collaborate with area or regional VP and local hospital teams to develop and maintain financial growth strategies and budgets for all hospitals within the ecosystem.
- Continuously monitor and ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are within benchmarks and/or strategize upon improvement plans.
- Support Thrive Pet Healthcare to drive financial health and sustainability.
- Develop, support, and maintain the ecosystem and hospital strategic planning efforts.
- Advocate and support medical excellence by focusing on key doctor metrics and engaging the local leadership team to review the quality, efficiency, and effectiveness of the administrative, technical, and medical staff.
- Develop proficiency in hospitals’ electronic medical records and human resource e-tool (Workday) to guide efficiency and workflow optimization.
- Ensure hospitals’ compliance with all (support office, local, and federal) policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Must be flexible to accommodate the needs of each hospital and capable of and willing to work the hours and times necessary to accomplish the required responsibilities to support the successful growth of each hospital.
- Approachable and available to hospital leadership teams and regional support teams.
- Ability to hold team members accountable to commitments, tasks, and responsibilities.
- Create a clear meeting cadence with hospital teams and able to navigate complex situations.
- Able to employ both high-level strategic vision as well as apply granular tactics to optimize outcomes within the ecosystem.
- Must maintain a growth mindset and translate vision and strategic thinking into measurable action.
- Proactive, not reactive, and able to assess trends with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, skilled and open communicator.
- Passion for pets and their health and well-being.
- Frequent travel required to be in hospitals on a determined (with VP) cadence.
- Able to manage individual relationships within hospital teams and relationships of individuals and hospitals across the ecosystem(s).
- Primary face/representative of Thrive Pet Healthcare and a key influencer of the hospital in the spirit the Thrive Pet Healthcare’s mission, vision, and values.
- Strong business acumen including the ability to analyze components of hospital P&L to determine opportunities for financial growth and manage to a budget.
Education and Experience:
- DVM or bachelor’s degree in business, operations management (or equivalent).
- 3 years of experience as a leader of a management team of a rapidly growing business with multiple locations.
- Background in the veterinary health field and management or medical director or hospital administrator level experience preferred.
- Certified veterinary practice manager training a plus (but not required)
Compensation is negotiable based on credentials and experience. The actual salary offered will carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.