Manager, Financial Reporting
Founded in 2003, Thrive Pet Healthcare has grown from a single veterinary practice to over 400+ primary, specialty, and acute veterinary hospitals throughout the US.
Our Belief: We believe that that the pets who bring wellness and joy to all of us deserve exceptional care from people and professionals who are loved, respected, and thriving too.
Our Mission: To nurture pets and their families through meaningful relationships and exceptional pet care. We aim to create the world’s most trusted, innovative and connected pet healthcare ecosystem.
Genuine care is at the heart of everything we do. Whether we are taking care of pets or people who care for pets.
We lead the industry with empathy and continue to raise the bar on fundamental and holistic care of veterinary caregivers through industry-first financial, mental, and physical wellbeing programs.
As an integral component of Thrive’s overall accounting team, the Manager – Financial Reporting will play a key role working with the Director of Corporate Accounting & Financial Reporting by supporting certain corporate accounting areas and the preparation of the Thrive’s consolidated financial statements. In addition, the Manager – Financial Reporting will assist in documenting the Company’s accounting position for complex business transactions, supporting new accounting pronouncements & implementation and accounting & reporting for certain corporate transactions.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Preparation of the monthly, quarterly and annual GAAP external financial reporting.
- Conducts technical accounting & reporting research and prepares the initial draft of well-reasoned accounting memos, as needed.
- Monitors the development and applicability of emerging accounting and reporting rules being deliberated by the FASB, SEC, PCAOB or other regulatory bodies.
- Participates in determining the accounting impact, reporting implications and implementation of new accounting standards.
- Owns the accounting and reporting for certain corporate A&D transactions. Performs reviews of certain contracts for accounting implications.
- Manages accounting and reporting function for assigned areas, including but not limited to, stock-based compensation, earnings per share, debt, intangibles, goodwill, acquisitions and divestitures and other corporate accruals, as assigned.
- Reconciliation of the equity compensation tracking database.
- Work with the Company’s external auditors on various accounting matters, including the Company’s position on complex accounting transactions and other inquiries.
- Supports aspects of the annual external audit; preparation of supporting documentation in response to external auditor requests.
- Support the Company’s SOX implementation program as well as updating applicable SOX documentation as necessary.
- Support special projects as needed.
Attributes for success:
- Experienced accounting professional who thrives in a fast-paced environment and up for the challenge of building a world class accounting and financial reporting function.
- Must be organized, have a high detail orientation, curious, interested in process improvement, a critical thinker, and an excellent communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA license required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in public accounting and/or private industry is required, with Big 4 public accounting firm experience strongly preferred.
- IPO and public company reporting experience a plus.
- Strong technical accounting background with thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP.
- Experience with share-based compensation, earnings per share, consolidations and complex cash flow statements.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail but also the ability to think strategically.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel, with Workday financials experience a plus.
- Strong supervisory and interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
- Self-starter with initiative and passion for delivering high quality work products.
- Experience with multi-location environment a plus.